Salesforce is building out our infrastructure team to reinvigorate the way we architect, deliver, and operate the platforms and services that run in our data centers – at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced distributed systems engineers who want to own big chunks of that vision – a vision requiring creativity and new thinking in how we perform balancing, enable service discovery, and automatically identify and mitigate network faults.
– You eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
– You have deep familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design.
– Building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware is exciting to you, and you know that the code is the infrastructure.
– Designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple data centers.
– You haven’t just used, but have built and operated the distributed platforms that define cloud-scale infrastructure.
– 4-15+ years of software development experience
– Experience with C++ and Java in a data center environment
– Experience owning and operating multiple instances of mission-critical services
– Experience with agile and TDD
– Experience influencing horizontally, leading by example and not by authority
– Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.