Salesforce is the world’s leading enterprise SaaS company, with close to $10 bn annual revenue. With our rapid rate of innovation and acquisitions, growth in double digits, year-over-year, we are on-track to reach $20 bn in a few years. One of the engines that enables our growth powerhouse while operating our data-centers and services at massive scale, is a Unified IaaS vision. We are looking for passionate distributed systems engineers who are going to be the executors of this vision, building next-gen IaaS solution enabling hundreds of service teams and thousands of developers to get on-demand capacity in seconds.
Are you a fit? Assess yourself.
– You eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
– You have a magical touch for improving existing systems (and you can quantify the improvements in automated metrics). You can express a new design in code, deliver it to production, and plan for ownership succession. You know that the difficult part of the programmer’s job lies in reading and comprehending the code of others – not in authoring new code.
– You love giving and receiving code reviews. You sweat the details. You authored (or improved upon) the coding standards guide for your team.
– You have deep familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design.
– Building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware is exciting to you, and you know that the code is the infrastructure.
– You haven’t just used, but have built and operated the distributed platforms that define cloud-scale infrastructure.
– 4-12 years of software development experience
– 4-year experience OpenStack Development
– Experience owning and operating multiple instances of mission-critical service
– Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
– Experience with agile and TDD
– Experience with GoLang, C++ and/or Java in a data center environment
– Experience influencing horizontally, leading by example and not by authority
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.