Trust is the #1 company value at Salesforce. Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest SaaS platform on the planet. The Infrastructure Security team is responsible for building the internal software platform that enhances the security posture of our production systems
The Salesforce Security Engineering team is looking to advance our in-house intrusion detection capabilities. If Network intrusion detection, logging and alerting pipelines excites you, then you might want to consider joining us!
Who are you:
You are a skilled software engineer who enjoys security and/or privacy work and is an expert in network security, IDS and firewalls and detecting interesting things happening with packets and automated malware analysis. You are a security or privacy researcher who thrives on addressing real-world problems and likes to code. You are that networking expert who has worked on Edge networks and understands datacenter networking complexities.
What you will do:
You will closely collaborate in a cross-discipline team that builds, iterates upon and maintain a platform to generate alerts from existing application and infrastructure logging pipelines that can handle the scale to billions of log lines and events.
You will provide guidance and be that networking lead who can translate networking and protocols jargon to security engineering teams and infrastructure teams on how to ensure their products can be designed to enable network anomaly detection and help in forensic investigations.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Internals of Packet capture, Bro, Suricata, Snort, and development of applications around it
- Able to look at the network topology and figure out solutions that would help in Network Intrusion Detection.
- Network domain experience in L2/L3 control plane protocols and Load balancers
- Strong software engineering and Linux development skills
- Proven capability to design complex systems
- Knowledge/experience in network security or other relevant security fields, cybersecurity
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in applications security, cryptography, network security, systems security or malware analysis.
- Have worked in a field like software-defined networking(SDN) as software design engineer.
Company Overview: Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform, and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” ten years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Posting Statement: Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.