We are defining the next generation of trusted enterprise computing in the cloud. We’re a fast-paced, metrics driven team. We’re highly collaborative and work across all areas of our technology stack. We live and breathe transactional systems, distributed systems and enterprise reliability, availability and scale.
First and foremost, you’ll be building highly scalable, reliable platform services and components that will enable development teams to analyze key service metrics and log files to identify new patterns and potential issues.
We are looking for a person to work across a broad variety of focus areas such as front-end architecture and building UI workflows to back-end data engineering. The product that you work on directly affects how well we run our service at scale. The ideal candidate is a person with solid all-round skills and a prototype mentality, capable of iteratively developing new features.
Desired Skills and Experience: The team is seeking a highly qualified and energetic Software Engineer with 10+ years of experience, who will be responsible for working on our internal analytics system as a full stack developer. The Software Engineer will be responsible both for design and hands-on implementation.
- Experience/knowledge in building Analytics Platform and data engineering
- Proficient Scala programmer, experience with Go a plus
- Ability to learn new languages quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Web UI application development using Angular 2+, React, or other web frameworks.
- Experience with big data technologies (ex. Spark, Kafka, Yarn, HBase, Phoenix, Hive)
- A meticulous and detailed oriented engineer, responsible for writing one’s own functional and unit tests and help review and test teammates’ code
- Familiar with Agile development methodology and committed to continual improvement of team performance
- Effective communication, strong leadership skills, team player who is capable of mentoring and being mentored by others
- Inventive and creative; on task and able to deliver incrementally and on time
- You should have 10+ years of professional experience, or a M.Sc. in a relevant academic field and 8+ years of professional experience. Experience with relational databases is a big plus.
About Salesforce: Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Posting Statement: Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.