Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We’re headquartered in downtown Seattle. We’re an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country’s most respected tech companies. We’ve been named among Seattle’s “Best Places to Work” in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal.” We’re also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine’s 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we’re going to say it anyway)-we love dogs, and we wouldn’t dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Senior Django Software Engineer who will be responsible for working with our Technology and Product Management teams to improve and enhance our Django-based web application. Specifically, we are seeking an engineer to work on the search algorithm and related code in our application.
- 5+ years working with Django and Python
- Excellent test automation skills
- Excellent front-end web development skills — HTML/CSS/JS. (Experience with SCSS, jQuery, Backbone a major plus.)
- Experience with one or more of the following: search engines, search algorithms, statistical modeling or machine learning
- Major plus: formal education in mathematics, statistics or similar fields
- Dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
- Lightweight, Agile processes constantly improved with retrospectives.
- Fully automated testing and deployment system. Just merge your branch and it ships.
- Integrated teams with developers and designers work side-by-side.
- Data-driven decision making with split testing.
- Contributions back into the Django community.
Why we’ll hire you:
- Your qualified for the position and your values align with Rover’s Core Values
- You’re a great developer who wants to get even better
- You play nicely with others
- You can take loose requirements, figure out what needs to be done, and make it happen
- You have experience using our tools or similar ones, such as Rails.
- You can be your own QA team, producing quality code the first time around
- You can pitch your own ideas and shepherd them through to completion
- You know when to call it ‘good enough’ and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting a dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches on Tuesdays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more