Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that’s revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, innovative design, and beautiful software to put the consumers first throughout the process of buying and selling homes. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps and solve challenging business problems in a customer friendly way. Unleash your brilliance and do work that matters. At Redfin, you’ll be part of something much bigger than just a job. If you’ve got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
As a Seattle-based full stack senior software developer on the Listings Engineering team, you will help lead the effort to empower homeowners, buyers, and real estate agents with state of the art, end-to-end technology that will reinvent the home selling process. This is no straightforward feat of engineering: the challenges we’re solving reach across every device, back to front.
Who you really are
- You are an experienced senior software developer with preferably 5+ years of experience shipping hits who thinks like an end user, who knows that 90% done is only half done, and who can build rock-solid code that will withstand millions of users hammering on it.
- You’re a thoughtful teacher, mentor, and role model who has the leadership skills (and the patience) to improve the developers around you.
- You love beautiful, simple user interfaces, and you constantly wonder what you could have done to make your last project simpler.
- You love working with a smart, talented team, because you know that makes you better.
- When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else’s opinions and ideas.
- More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Technologies we use and teach
Great engineers want to work on emerging technologies. Our website and mobile apps are built with a variety of technologies including Java, Spring, Postgres, Dynamo, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, JS, React, Objective-C, Swift, and various other tools/libraries. In production we run on Linux. On our desktops we mostly run Mac and Windows, but some opt for Linux. We use Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, Git and Bamboo.
- Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, an office in downtown Seattle close to all the action, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
- You’ll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
- You’ll see the fruits of your labor released to the web weekly or faster and you’ll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, agents, bloggers, and national media.