Redfin is combining technology and customer service to reinvent the end to end experience for buying and selling a home in the consumer’s favor. The opportunity is huge, with $75 billion spent every year on real estate commissions and the industry is ripe for change. So far, we’ve helped over 20,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $100M in fees, and doing it all with a 97% customer satisfaction score.
As the Senior Data Science Engineer for the Big Data & Analytics Team, your job is to design, prototype, and ship products for millions of users, 100+ million of properties, and thousands of agents. You’ll work in the team responsible for developing machine learning algorithms that power features like the Redfin Estimate, Hot Homes, Price Whisperer, Home Recommendation, Agent To-Dos and Marketing Automation. Our stack runs primarily in the cloud on AWS, so experience there is a big bonus.
- Strong quantitative skills. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field is preferred. A Masters or PhD is a bonus.
- 4 – 6 years of experience building large scale production system and services.
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java
- Experience in cloud services and technologies like Spark, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Hive and Docker.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms and familiarity with some ML libraries/packages (scikit-learn, Theano, Spark MLlib, TensorFlow, Kera etc.) is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a drive to ship quickly, and familiarity with agile software development practices
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, communicate well with partner teams, and a strong empathy for the customer experience
- An opportunity to be part of dynamic, growing company where your contributions make a real difference and new ideas are always welcome
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates to collaborate with, and a management team invested in your success at Redfin and beyond
- A competitive compensation package with generous benefits
- A sweet office at downtown Seattle