Redfin is combining technology and customer service to reinvent the end to end experience for buying and selling a home in the consumer’s favor. The opportunity is huge, with $75 billion spent every year on real estate commissions and the industry is ripe for change. So far, we’ve helped over 20,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $100M in fees, and doing it all with a 97% customer satisfaction score.
As a Principal Data Science Engineer, your job is to identify and solve challenging problems and productize our massive store of market and user data to turn it into a competitive weapon. You should have experience solving ambiguous problems, working with and influencing cross-functional teams, and writing production-ready code.
You’ll work with the team responsible for developing machine learning algorithms that power features like the Redfin Estimate, Price Whisperer and Hot Homes, supply marketing teams with targeting data to drive ROI and empower our real estate managers with cloud-based access to key performance metrics. Our stack runs primarily in the cloud on AWS, so experience there is a big bonus.
We’ll be excited to hear about your adventures in areas such as:
- Building customer facing production services
- Machine Learning and Statistics
- Data Munging/Wrangling
- Experimental Design
- Systems Architecture
Who you are:
- You enjoy exploring and learning new technologies and languages.
- You like working on ambiguous problems.
- You respectfully advocate for ideas, accept diverse opinions, and commit to a course of action once a decision is made.
- You have an advanced degree in computer science, math or a related field.
- Your coding skills are equivalent to an SDE II.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a lasting impact! Redfin is on a mission and wants you to help us change the world.
- We are improving the largest purchasing decision of a person’s life in every possible way.
- The chance to work with brilliant people. Redfin has assembled a team of the best engineers, real-estate agents, operations engineers, and support staff in the country. You will be working with, and learning from, the best.
- A competitive compensation package with generous benefits.