RealNetworks seeks a Director of Product Management for SAFR, our highly accurate, AI-based facial recognition platform. This is a unique opportunity to build a cutting-edge startup within the support structure of a global company with a track-record of market-leading innovation.
SAFR’s Director of Product Management will set strategy, define the product, and make the hard, high-judgment trade-offs between performance, features, and speed-to-market, as well as set the vision, values, and culture of SAFR. The ideal candidate will be a strong product thinker with tremendous customer-centric product vision and extensive Agile product management experience. Relying on prior experience with data science (machine learning) and driving growth of early-stage products, this Director will guide SAFR to scale. This is a delivery-focused position requiring a track record of shipping innovative, customer-centric, and successful products.
The Director joins a strong, seasoned product and engineering team that is tackling an exciting, cutting-edge, and challenging space with significant market opportunity. She/he will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. Strong leadership and ability to communicate clearly and compellingly with stakeholders, customers, and partners at all levels is a must for this role where key responsibilities include:
- Owning/driving the vision and product roadmap for SAFR;
- Leading the definition, design, and release strategy;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research to identify requirements, analyze market opportunities, and set product strategy;
- Leading the execution of the roadmaps through world-class engineering and data sciences teams;
- Executing go-to-market strategies in close collaboration with product marketing and other teams;
- Increasing customer satisfaction and engagement by building new product features that fill unmet market needs;
- Writing user stories for engineering to implement new features;
- Researching and evaluating competitive products and solutions to inform future product road map priorities;
- Collaborating with finance to model and analyze service costs and develop strategies for maximizing customer value while maintaining appropriate margins;
- Developing long-range plans to enter new markets, consider buy vs. build options, and visualize new consumer experiences;
- Prioritizing and selecting the next-generation set of features we’ll build by identifying unmet customer needs, new target products/markets; and
- Recruiting and building a world-class product and design team to drive growth into the future.
To be successful in role will require:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (MBA is a plus);
- At least 10 years’ experience in product management, including at least 2 years in machine learning technologies;
- Proven ability to hire, train, and lead world-class product teams;
- The ability to work at a fast pace while managing competing priorities;
- Experience successfully owning multiple product cycles;
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making;
- Experience with analytics platforms tools;
- Hands-on experience in writing user stories and wire-framing UI concepts;
- Ability to conceive new markets and new products from scratch, evangelizing and driving success within a larger organization;
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Confidence to interact with team members across all functions and levels of the organization;
- Ability to quickly earn the respect of engineers because you can clearly articulate product priorities and requirements and have customer data to back them up;
- Adeptness to participate in a deep technical discussion and then crunch the numbers; and
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, negotiate agreements, facilitate trade-offs, and maintain continuous focus on moving the business forward.
Interested? Apply here to find out more.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Building on a legacy of digital media expertise and innovation, RealNetworks has created a new generation of products that employ best-in-class artificial intelligence and machine learning to enhance and secure our daily lives. SAFR is the world’s premier facial recognition platform for live video. Leading in real world performance and accuracy as evidenced in testing by NIST, SAFR enables new applications for security, convenience, and analytics. Kontxt is the foremost platform for categorizing A2P messages to help mobile carriers build customer loyalty and drive new revenue through text message classification and antispam. For information about our other products visit: www.realnetworks.com.