As an Optical Software Engineer, you will travel globally, visit factories and places rarely seen, and share your knowledge with our prestigious base of customers. You will gather their requirements, feedback, and requests while implementing solutions with the help of the entire Engineering and Sales team.
You will assist with the creation and proposal of plans, specifications, and software applications with a focus on system integration and image processing utilizing our light and color measurement systems. The creative solutions the team implements will be pushed out to factories around the world and directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics.
- Assisting in the planning, specification, creation, and documentation of software solutions utilizing our light and color measurement products with a focus on image processing developed primarily in .NET with VB and C#
- Integration of complex systems for production inspection in factory environments.
- Writing and implementing communication protocols using standard communication conduits including RS-232 and TCP/IP
- Educating customers and international distributors on proper use of CCD-based hardware and software systems for light and color measurement
- Installation, tailoring, and training of our solutions at the customer’s facilities
- Intermediate level technical support for both customers and Radiant Vision Systems internal associates
- MATLAB proficiency is a bonus
- This position requires experience in software programming, the practical and theoretical aspects of light measurement, various scientific modeling software, elementary electrical engineering principles, as well as software control of scientific hardware.
- B.S. or higher in Physics or a related technical discipline (i.e. Math, Engineering, Computer Science)
- Experience in computer programming for specific applications
- Experience in optical engineering and/or light and color measurement techniques
- Image processing experience
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 20% of the time
- Ability to interface equally well with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, as well as production managers in a team oriented environment
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and display devices rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Radiant has a proven track record that dates back more than 20 years, with thousands of cameras testing millions of displays in production facilities worldwide. Radiant is headquartered in Redmond, Wash., USA, with strategic offices in China and South Korea. Radiant has been a part of Konica Minolta’s Sensing Business Unit since August 2015.