The purpose of a Materials Manager is to oversee the planning and coordination of a company’s inventory and purchasing departments. They are tasked with researching best prices, monitoring inventory levels, distributing supplies, and negotiating contracts.
This business impacting position will work closely with the Director of Operations and various internal teams to ensure efficiency in the inventory and purchasing strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains optimum inventory levels ensuring on-time deliveries while minimizing carrying costs and transportation charges.
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials and supplies for the operation of the Company, as well as all inventory items.
- Works with the requesting department and Finance team when specific sources or items are requested. Must adhere to internal policies and system requirements. Investigates and solves problems resulting from material issues and shortages, regardless of cause.
- Establishes procedures and supervises the annual physical inventory. This includes the taking and valuing of the Fiscal year-end physical inventory.
- Works with other departments in planning, scheduling and ordering to meet sales forecasts.
- Responsible for sourcing and exploring new materials, options, vendors and processes to achieve the highest possible quality, reliability and delivery.
- Maintains and establishes purchasing practices and policies to ensure ethical, honest and fair relationships with vendors. Keeps up to date on legal matters that may affect purchasing policies.
- Keeps abreast of material pricing and market trends that affect Company products.
- Develops and maintains reporting systems that relate to the materials/purchasing function.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with materials/purchasing department functions.
- Responsible for the motivation and development of the purchasing team to optimize their performance and professional growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in technology products manufacturing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of purchasing procedures and record keeping.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of manufacturing.
- Ability to work well with others using good interpersonal skills.
- Strong thought leader, with the ability to listen and collaborate.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of commodities used (Machined metal, PCA’s, etc.)
- Confident with all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-task abilities.
- Ability to motivate and provide productive feedback to staff members.
About Radiant Vision Systems
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.