The Application Engineer plays a vital role in interfacing with Radiant Vision Systems global customer base and distributor network by providing expert level technical support of our light and color measurement systems.
In this role you’ll contribute to Radiant’s sales team efforts (both pre and post-sale) by providing technical support in developing measurement solutions; preparing and delivering product presentations / demonstrations; evaluating customer readiness and conducting training, as well as identifying and resolving application or environmental issues.
- Responds to technical inquiries via phone and email, working across other teams to obtain additional information or support, and managing customer expectations.
- Develops alternative technical solutions; planning systems integration; isolating problems and communicating technical solutions; providing support estimates.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information with our own systems.
- Other responsibilities can include; software testing, creating instructions for diagnosing and repairing hardware.
- Practices quality service by following organization standards.
- Creating and maintaining product standards documentation, application notes, training manuals, and knowledge base libraries.
- Conducting training sessions for both customers (domestic and international) and internal personnel.
- International and domestic travel (10-20%).
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- A new graduate or 1-2 years of work experience.
- Experience in technical sales or sales support highly desired.
- High energy level and unquenchable desire to learn our business from the ground up (manufacturing floor to customer).
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate with end users and our global distributor network.
- Highly organized with an ability to efficiently handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly isolate problems and implement solutions in real-time.
- General programming skills would be advantageous.
- Experience with presenting technical information to a wide range of audiences with a confident presence.
- Ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly.
- An outgoing personality with a passion for supporting the customer.
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and display devices rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Radiant has a proven track record that dates back more than 20 years, with thousands of cameras testing millions of displays in production facilities worldwide. Radiant is headquartered in Redmond, Wash., USA, with strategic offices in China and South Korea. Radiant has been a part of Konica Minolta’s Sensing Business Unit since August 2015.