Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking full-time Technical Writer to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to be a part of a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
This role will be responsible for serving as a SME for our products, contributing to the build out of a full suite of up-to-date content. Working collaboratively with our Product, R&D, Technical, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams to ensure we’re capturing all relevant content and creating materials that our diverse audience can easily understand and utilize.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 2-3+ years of experience in end-user technical writing for diverse audiences
- 2-3+ years producing user manuals, preferably for electronic equipment
- 3+ years working collaboratively with product teams
- Experienced or familiar with CMS software, DITA/XML authoring, and publishing
- Experience building out a suite of up-to-date content using ad-hoc content management
- Highly competent, organized with demonstrated record of strong written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with concurrent timelines and easily adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Passionate about working within a team environment, collaborating cross functionally, and embracing change
- Experience riding or working with bikes or ebikes, or strong interest & ability to quickly learn
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing, journalism, or communications or equivalent experience within a technical writing or writing focused field
- Expert Word skills for printed manuals and experience using Adobe Creative Suite
You get bonus points for:
- Coachability and willingness to adhere to brand identity and SOPs pertaining to company voice and standards
- Line-art illustration experience
- Graphic design experience
- Experience or familiarity with and willingness to learn CRM software, DITA/XML authoring and publishing
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Investigated the ebike industry to fully understand the products we offer on a technical level
- Collaborated with SMEs to efficiently understand, capture, and communicate technical information to diverse audiences both internal and external to the company
- Developed, edited, proofed, published, and updated printed and electronic user guides, SOPs, Quick Start Guides, product support videos, product release documentation, informational materials, and presentations for diverse audiences
- Written copy, taken and edited photos, and published assembly instructions balancing technical accuracy and customer experience
- Written video shot lists and voiceover scripts to effectively communicate technical and assembly information
- Coordinated with technical and management teams to identify needs for creation, editing, reviewing, and promulgating both formal and informal product documents
- Exercised quality control over documents intended for external distribution
- Communicated ideas to improve process and content
- Other duties as assigned & required
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
About Rad Power Bikes
A Seattle based electric bike company offering fully integrated electric bikes for on and off road use. Rad Power Bikes was founded in 2007 and is dedicated to providing electric bikes that comply with electric bike laws while exceeding the expectations of users to help proliferate the adoption of electric bikes. Our products provide industry leading performance without the expensive price tag commonly associated with high-tech electric bikes.