Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking full-time Technical Writer to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to be a part of a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
This role will be responsible for contributing to the build out of a full suite of up-to-date content and development of a robust content management system. Working collaboratively with our Product, R&D, Technical, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams, this role will ensure we’re creating materials that our diverse audience can easily understand and utilize and that we’re capturing and organizing all relevant content.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 2-3+ years of experience in end-user technical writing for diverse audiences
- 2-3+ years producing user manuals, preferably for electronic equipment
- 2+ years working collaboratively with product teams
- Experienced with CMS software, DITA/XML authoring, and publishing
- Experienced with building and implementing content management strategy
- Highly competent and organized with demonstrated record of strong written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with concurrent timelines and easily adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Passionate about working within a team environment, collaborating cross functionally, and embracing change
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing, communications, library sciences, or equivalent experience within a technical writing or writing focused field
- Experience with one or more CMS software platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Adobe Creative Suite, and DITA/XML authoring and publishing tools
You get bonus points for:
- Coachability and willingness to adhere to brand identity and SOPs pertaining to company voice and standards
- Experience transitioning technical writing to XML/DITA
- Experience riding or working with bikes or ebikes, or strong interest & ability to quickly learn
- Line-art illustration experience
- Graphic design experience
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Investigated the ebike industry to fully understand the products we offer
- Coordinated with technical and management teams to identify needs for creation, editing, reviewing, promulgating, organizing, and archiving both formal and informal product documents
- Collaborated with SMEs to efficiently understand, capture, communicate, and store technical information to diverse audiences both internal and external to the company
- Helped develop and implement a content management strategy for multi-channel and multi-platform informational resources
- Helped develop, edit, proof, publish, update, organize, and archive printed and electronic user guides, SOPs, Quick Start Guides, product support videos, product release documentation, informational materials, and presentations for diverse audiences
- Exercised quality control over documents and other informational resources intended for external distribution
- Communicated ideas to improve process and content
- Other duties as assigned & required
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
About Rad Power Bikes
A Seattle based electric bike company offering fully integrated electric bikes for on and off road use. Rad Power Bikes was founded in 2007 and is dedicated to providing electric bikes that comply with electric bike laws while exceeding the expectations of users to help proliferate the adoption of electric bikes. Our products provide industry leading performance without the expensive price tag commonly associated with high-tech electric bikes.