Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking a gifted Software Developer to help us design, build, and maintain many of the services and technologies that are central to Rad’s infrastructure, providing critical business value every day.
Our Software Developer will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between systems, servers, employees and our Rad Riding customers. You’ll be taking on new problems across our architecture, driving technical design and implementation helping to move our technology forward. This role reports into our Senior Developer and is part of a cross-functional marketing organization.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- Strong desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to design, build, test, and ship high-quality software, tooling, and infrastructure for Rad’s technical roadmap
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- You seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Desire to embrace documentation creation & maintenance
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with both local & non-local teammates
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern development front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience shipping MVC systems written in Ruby / Python / Node
- Strong understanding of Dev Ops practices.
You get bonus points for:
- Experience working with Shopify’s systems, ERPs, Warehouse Management Systems and API’s
- Experience with GraphQL
- Open source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Project management experience
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Helped to build our long-term Technology roadmap as we scale our infrastructure and build new products
- Helped to maintain code repositories and collaborated on shipping new features and functionality for various projects and tools
- Dealt with 3rd party vendors, managing the relationships & troubleshooting high-level issues
- Understood current methodologies and best practices as they pertain to web development and design
- Other duties as assigned
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
About Rad Power Bikes
A Seattle based electric bike company offering fully integrated electric bikes for on and off road use. Rad Power Bikes was founded in 2007 and is dedicated to providing electric bikes that comply with electric bike laws while exceeding the expectations of users to help proliferate the adoption of electric bikes. Our products provide industry leading performance without the expensive price tag commonly associated with high-tech electric bikes.