Why we’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking a full-time Product Design Engineer to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
Our Product Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement through the entire product life cycle.
Why you’re Rad (about you):
- 7-10 years experience designing and developing new products and technologies based on customer needs, market opportunities and the company’s business model, strategy and planning.
- Prior experience using specialized software to create models and drawings of products, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience creating technical packages, verifying, and validating designs to transfer new products into production including bill of materials
- Experience identifying and evaluating key components or technology solutions to accomplish features/functions for new product categories
- Experience managing capital budgets, ensuring development projects stay within the scope for on time delivery
- A passion for evangelizing new products within the company
- Experience developing & implementing processes that support product design, development, testing & qualification
- Passionate about working within a team environment, collaborating cross functionally and embracing change
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Overtime, as required by business needs
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time if needed
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Designed and owned new products projects through entire product lifecycle, from definition and creation, through design, production, and next-gen improvements
- Developed and monitored project timelines, ensuring projects are completed on time and within cost objectives and in accordance with company objectives
- Ensured that the new product is functional, safe, and appealing to the target market
- Coordinated with factories to optimize part design, assembly, and product processes throughout the design and manufacturing process
- Helped guide the selection, installation and calibration of equipment for company product development workshop
- Constructed prototypes and confirm designs with product/purchasing team
- Performed physical testing and assisted with developing testing protocols
- Ensured components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Researched new materials and methods of development
- Generated reports showing areas of focus & development, including action plans, estimated costs, performance to budget and resources required
- Worked autonomously on projects at all levels, mentored junior level employees on best practices & processes
- Assisted in establishing process & procedures
- Proposed to management and when accepted, execute and manage product and technology development plans according to planning and within budget
- Supported product launch, commercialization, enhancement planning, and implementation in alliance with marketing, operations, quality/regulatory, sales and international
- Collaborated with vendors and engineering resources/consulting firms skilled in new technology areas
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Rad Power Bikes
A Seattle based electric bike company offering fully integrated electric bikes for on and off road use. Rad Power Bikes was founded in 2007 and is dedicated to providing electric bikes that comply with electric bike laws while exceeding the expectations of users to help proliferate the adoption of electric bikes. Our products provide industry leading performance without the expensive price tag commonly associated with high-tech electric bikes.