Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking a full-time Industrial Designer to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
Our Industrial Designer will be responsible for carrying out the creative design duties within the product team, including sketching, design direction, prototyping, concepting and research through the entire product life cycle.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 7-10 years experience designing and sketching new products and imagery based on customer needs, market opportunities and the company’s business model, strategy and planning
- Ability to define products and accessories in form, aesthetics, mechanical properties and geometry across various process including metal, plastics, forging, extrusions, injection molding, and 3D printing
- Demonstrates experience using 3D CAD to guide the creation of concepts and models, SolidWorks preferred
- Demonstrates experience using 2D and 3D software in developing sketches and ideation
- Ability to build concept models and prototypes where needed to validate design direction and aesthetics
- Portfolio showing communication of visuals including concepts, color ways, and some graphics for internal reviews and vendor guidance, experience with production layout a plus
- A passion for evangelizing new products within the company
- Experience developing & implementing processes that support product design, development, prototyping & qualification
- Passionate about working within a team environment, collaborating cross functionally and embracing change
- Degree in Industrial Design
- Overtime, as required by business needs
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Designed new products through the definition and creation process with an understanding of the whole product development process.
- Collaborated with product managers and engineers, contributing to new products and next-gen improvements
- Ensured that the new product is functional, safe, and appealing to the target market
- Communicated with overseas factories to optimize design direction where needed
- Constructed prototypes and confirm geometry and forms with product team
- Ensured components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Researched new materials and methods of development
- Worked autonomously on projects at all levels, mentored junior level employees on best practices & processes
- Assisted in establishing process & procedures
- Supported product launch, commercialization, enhancement planning, and implementation in alliance with marketing, operations, quality/regulatory, sales and international
- Collaborated with vendors and engineering resources/consulting firms skilled in new technology areas
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Rad Power Bikes
A Seattle based electric bike company offering fully integrated electric bikes for on and off road use. Rad Power Bikes was founded in 2007 and is dedicated to providing electric bikes that comply with electric bike laws while exceeding the expectations of users to help proliferate the adoption of electric bikes. Our products provide industry leading performance without the expensive price tag commonly associated with high-tech electric bikes.