Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking full-time Director of Product to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
Our Director of Product will be responsible for leading the product organization in research & development, enhancements and redesign. They will own the potential and practicality of products in development and rely on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. This position will manage a team & report into our Director of Supply Chain.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 12-18 years experience in identifying, planning, coordinating, directing and executing new product development for a mechanical or electrical product
- 12-15 years experience determining technical requirements leading to possible new products/expansions through customer feedback, market surveys, and trends
- Expertise in all phases of product development
- Experience with building and implementing product development processes that enhance and support a nimble environment
- Solid understanding of standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to consumer products
- Prior experience managing the planning, details and layout of engineering tasks for the development of new expansions on products
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to develop functional & scalable processes or improve existing processes within research & product development
- Will have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key stakeholders, and manage others to achieve desired results
- Possess an open and collaborative style, must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- Ability to think big and a proven track record of creating innovative, category creating, or revolutionary products
- Thrives in dealing with a fast/loose hyper growth business and ambiguity
- Must have an understanding of electrical and mechanical products and related development methods
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time as needed to ensure key projects remain on track
- Have energy and enthusiasm for digging in and delivering results; enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable
You get bonus points for:
- Experience in the electric vehicle, motorcycles, golf carts, or small industrial vehicle development
- Experience with ebikes
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Managed a diverse team, including Product Managers and Engineers, providing technical guidance to product development, engineering and operations
- Developed direct reports, enhancing their professional skills and setting strategic goals & deliverables
- Managed all activities of a research and product development department
- Collaborated with sales, customer service, marketing, and manufacturing for developing new product needs and expansions
- Worked with the marketing team to create ideas for new products by identifying specific problems consumers face or based on customer feedback or needs
- Evaluated and made recommendations on product development, manufacturing processes, management decisions, and capital applications
- Owned a selection of design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Developed and implemented methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff, in order to keep management informed of current status of each project
- Planned and formulated all aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
- Other duties as assigned & required
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
About Rad Power Bikes
A Seattle based electric bike company offering fully integrated electric bikes for on and off road use. Rad Power Bikes was founded in 2007 and is dedicated to providing electric bikes that comply with electric bike laws while exceeding the expectations of users to help proliferate the adoption of electric bikes. Our products provide industry leading performance without the expensive price tag commonly associated with high-tech electric bikes.