Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As an Account Executive, you will contribute to the overall growth of the company by driving new business sales. You will communicate directly with sales prospects to uncover and understand their individual needs, recommend solutions to solve those challenges, and execute on contracts to achieve your revenue target. This role includes responsibility for new logo sales to potential clients. This role does not include responsibility for renewals and/or expansion sales to existing clients.
- You have experience selling in the B2B SaaS space, and are eager to iterate on that experience in a rapidly changing, competitive market.
- You have a proven track record in meeting or exceeding revenue targets over time.
- You have experience selling a product with an average sales price of at least $5,000 (ideally over $15,000).
- You take pride in learning a new platform and market, and subsequently translating that knowledge into an effective values-based sales strategy
- You are comfortable being the initial and primary point of contact between a prospect and the company, managing expectations and long term sales relationships, as well as quickly becoming a “trusted advisor”.
- You’re a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team, and you do so by consistently reflecting on your strengths and weaknesses, shifting behavior to improve the quality of your work, broadcasting what’s working to your colleagues and seeking guidance/coaching in areas of needed growth.
- You are a metrics driven, hungry, always carry yourself with a professional demeanor, impeccable integrity, and a high sense of urgency.
- You pride yourself on being curious, thoughtful, self-aware, and coachable.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can contribute to the development and implementation of new processes, where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
- You are able to discover and articulate business and personal pain points when engaging prospects in casual conversation
- You’re skilled at examining a sales pipeline and adapt behavior based on self-identified pipeline performance metrics.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the current Quorum sales process, gain exposure to our products, and get to know the 15+ dedicated members of the Quorum BD team
First Month: You will build your understanding of Quorum’s products and assortment of add-on offerings, undergo sales training, and actively invest in building out your own leads pipeline through external engagement efforts around town
- First Six Months: You will establish yourself in our market through relationship building and market knowledge. You will develop key Account Executive skills and product mastery by completing “ramp” (ie our internal training program) and put your knowledge to use through daily sales activities (demos, in person meetings, negotiation conversations, calls, emails, conference attendance). You’ll build a healthy leads pipeline and lay a foundation for a strong opportunity pipeline. You’ll likely close your first sale!
- First Year: You will prospect and rapidly build a productive, revenue generating pipeline across a variety of lead sources to position yourself to exceed revenue quotas. You will meet weekly activity targets and serve as the face of the company to global government affairs executives. You will continue to build relationships with potential clients and external stakeholders to help shepherd prospective clients through the process of deciding how Quorum can impact their bottom line. You will present Quorum platform as a solution to problems faced by potential clients in formal and informal settings.
- Finally, you will continue to represent the company at events, conferences, and functions in and outside of DC in the public affairs and government relations world
About the Business Development Team
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum on the business development team is a unique and particularly fulfilling experience because each team member not only has a direct impact on our year over year growth rates but also, contributes to our culture of building the business we’d want to do business with
- We are proud to be the engine of growth for our company year over year without the need for outside investment
- We are dedicated to recommending the best possible solution for the challenges prospects identify and having an honest discourse with our buyer
- We take pride in earning the trust of our market through an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We regularly provide peer-to-peer feedback and coaching for one another to ensure the success of our team
- We work hard to foster an ambitious and supportive environment, where discourse and peer-to-peer accountability help drive personal and professional growth
- We are curious, hardworking, and pursue our goals with perseverance and passion
- We are searching for high-energy Account Executives who can recognize opportunities, articulate professional and personal obstacles, and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to learn what it’s like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We’d love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $96,000.00 – $168,000.00 (OTE Varies Based on Sales Quota)
- Compensation Mix: 50% Base | 50% Sales Incentive Compensation
- Sales incentive compensation is comprised of commissions and a Business Development team bonus
- Benefits: Stock options, 401(k) match, health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Account Executive role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
- If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
Quorum is software built for public affairs, providing one place for stakeholder engagement, legislative tracking, and grassroots advocacy. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum remains entirely bootstrapped, having never raised venture capital funding, and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, Lyft, and the National Restaurant Association. Founded in 2014, Quorum is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with an international office in Brussels. Learn how Quorum is modernizing public affairs at www.quorum.us.