Point B is looking for an IT Development and Architecture Lead to contribute to our technology growth and technical development needs.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It’s no wonder that publications like The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, and many others consistently rank Point B as one of the best places to work.
What you’ll get to do:
- Define and oversee Point B enterprise technical architecture
- Provide guidance and oversight as needed to IT development resources working across different systems/platforms (including Salesforce, Azure, AWS)
- Manage technical development vendor partner resources to maximize and optimize development work
- Help define what software development is at Point B by establishing best practices, processes, and tools
- Work with business partners to solidify requirements and align development work to business needs/value
- Participate in strategic planning and estimating exercises – own a development roadmap that outlines work to be accomplished in the next 12-18 months
- Oversee the technical design, build, and implementation of solutions to business problems across multiple IT systems including websites, internal custom applications, and external facing solutions
- Contribute to the growth of software development services and external facing solutions
- Engage in and contribute to our ongoing emerging technology R&D efforts
What we offer our Employees:
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and provides the support to make it happen
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their customers
- A comprehensive, flexible Total Rewards program that supports and recognizes each individual’s unique needs and contributions to the firm
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions
- Participation in Point B’s ESOP after one year of employment, making you an owner in the company
What we expect you have:
- Four year degree in Computer Science or related technology/engineering discipline
- 4+ years in a lead/management role with direct reports and associated responsibilities (hiring, performance reviews, mentoring, goal setting, etc.)
- Understanding of systems architecture and expertise in designing scalable solutions
- Experience building solutions in the Microsoft stack, Azure and/or AWS
- Experience building APIs for web based services
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented techniques, environment management, release management, coding best practices and deployment methodologies
- Outstanding communication and engagement skills
The kind of people we look for:
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Versatile individuals who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
About Point B
Your success. That's our business.
We’re management consultants.
We’re property developers.
We’re business leaders.
We’re Point B.
We have big plans for you.
You get to lead challenging initiatives with Industry-leading clients. You have a voice when it comes to the type of projects you work on. You build your skills, career, and network with every engagement. There's variety, and it doesn't get stale. We're values-focused, and one of our key values is People.
Point B is a place that takes pride in building trust and relationships. You get to chart your own career path based on what’s important to you. Your values, your leadership skills, your expertise; they actually matter. And when you have an idea, you can run with it, because you are an owner.
Your colleagues know their stuff, and they're eager to collaborate and share. For them, people come first, whether it's at work, at home or in their communities. They think that success is something that's meant to be shared. And that makes them the kind of people that you'll want to be around.
Point B encourages you to have a life outside of work. You can work locally and build long-lasting relationships with your clients. And you get to work with people who want to make an impact in the community in which you work. Find out how Point B supports our people through Comprehensive and Competitive Benefits.
We are Growing
Point B has offices in:
- Seattle, WA (headquarters)
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Southern California
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Dallas, TX
- Austin, TX
- New England
- New York