We are looking for a passionate manager and leader with a wealth of experience building, leading, and growing teams, to make a strong impact at OfferUp on the Backend Engineering team. You have a solid track record of leading efficient development teams, and you will lead a team at OfferUp that reflects a strong enthusiasm and morale. You will demonstrate the strong ability to execute on business priorities, and ship features, while working in an Agile and collaborative environment.
– Manage and lead an Agile backend engineering team of 5-7 developers in a collaborative fashion
– Recruit, hire, onboard, and train engineers
– Assign tasks, set goals, execute performance reviews, and foster an environment of rich career growth
– Drive engineering excellence and discipline, including producing high-quality, scalable code in a fast-paced environment.
– Ability to understand and balance business and technical priorities
– Work with Product Managers to plan and estimate work and contribute to roadmap planning
– You will provide software architecture design and product direction of the OfferUp backend services
– You will have 15+ years of professional software engineering experience as an individual and leading projects
– 5+ years of experience managing and growing people, including hiring, performance management, guidance, and leading by example
– Hands-on experience with Open Source tools and frameworks a plus
– Experience with highly-scalable applications and service oriented architecture (SOA)
– Experience with large scale web applications
– Comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWSExperience with Mobile services
– Experience with consumer eCommerce preferred
– BS or MS in Computer Science
– Must be eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have:
– Hands-on experience with Django, AWS infrastructure, and PostgreSQL
– Experience with online marketplaces
– Working knowledge of e-commerce payment systems
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace.