OfferUp has an exciting opportunity open to join our growing software engineering as a Web Developer where you will help with porting the current site to Angular while being part of a growing front end team.
– You will help create and deliver new web experiences for OfferUp using web technologies such as AngularJS, React and Django.
– Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement new features.
– You will help maintain existing applications.
– Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
– 4+ years of experience in web development with a minimum of 2 year experiences in mobile web.
– Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design.
– You should have experience developing cross-platform and cross-browser websites.
– Experience working on Single Page Application (SPA), APIs, architectural patterns and graphic editing software.
– Experience in distributed version control system e.g. Git
– Excellent communication skill, ability to work independently or work with a cross-functional team
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
– Experience around any of the following: web package managers, Bower, bundler system, NodeJS, Python, PHP, Selenium, Gulp, webpack
– E-commerce and CMS website experience is a big plus
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.