Nesterly is looking for an experienced web developer who is excited about leveraging elegant code to make the world a better place and who is bursting with ideas to take our platform to the next level.
As an early-stage company, this role also comes with the opportunity to make a big impact both organizationally and societally from day one. You’ll support and mentor junior developers, weigh in on hiring processes, and serve as a key advisor on high-level strategy and business decisions. We’re looking for a teammate, not an employee, so cultural alignment is just as important as technical expertise.
- Write awesome code
- Participate in strategy planning for Nesterly’s technology products
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting support to junior developers
- 5+ years full-time work as a full stack web developer (Ruby on Rails experience preferred)
- 3+ years building unique web features from scratch with minimal supervision
- All-hands-on-deck mentality and an interest in building a civic technology startup
If you think you’re up to the challenge of solving the housing crisis with code, please send a resume, cover letter, and links to two work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Nesterly is a digital marketplace that transforms the millions of spare bedrooms sitting empty every night in the homes of Baby Boomers into affordable rentals and intergenerational friendships. Nesterly was named an Idea to Change the World in 2017 by MIT's IDEAS Global Challenge, and has been featured in The Atlantic, Forbes, Fast Company and on NPR's Marketplace.
Over the past six months we’ve partnered with the City of Boston to run a pilot program, built out our beta product, and received thousands of emails from people around the world asking us to expand to their cities. We recently raised our first round and have more than 1,500 users signed up on our platform.