Interested candidates should email resumes to Sammy.Nazi@ motorolasolutions.com
We are looking for a strong hands on senior software engineer who has experience in creating and maintaining Java desktop applications for Windows. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
The successful candidate will lead the development of quality code for an application used by a wide global audience from public safety to hospitality to national defense. Define and enforce coding standards, development best practices and owns the technical implementation of projects. The candidate is expected to help guide decisions on technical strategy, architecture, tools, and utilities.
We push the limits of what you can do to enable secure team communication. Problems we solve each day are audio processing, application security, location accuracy, and much more. You will be challenged each day to solve these and other difficult problems to give our users a secure and reliable experience when they communicate.
We are a small agile team that works like a startup within a big company. Motorola Solutions is known around the world for innovation in Enterprise Mobility, Public Safety and Wireless Infrastructure. We are leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Architect, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Utilize git and Confluence to manage your work
- Work closely with your peers, QA, and Product to define, design, implement and release new features to our users
- Write unit tests and work with the QA team to further develop testing frameworks
- Participate in code and design reviews with your peers to ensure high quality, efficient code and design are used in all your work
Qualifications (Must haves):
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in the software development space
- 4+ years of Java software development experience in the windows desktop space and associated languages and technologies
- 3 years of hands on experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban or XP) and continuous delivery software practices
- Proven experience delivering full end-to-end desktop applications from design and architecture through to successful deployment
- Knowledge in Java Swing
- Understanding of XML
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience developing web based application
- Experience building VoIP systems (SIP/H.323/WebRTC)
- Experience developing (or willing to learn) in C#
- Experience with audio processing
- Mac OS X development