Lumedic , an affiliate of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH), is seeking a Data Architect inSeattle, WA who has extensive experience designing and building data solutions with a proven track record in driving business success by applying data strategies and architectures. They conduct strategic planning of an organization’s data platform maturity with a focus of fulfilling business requirements around cost, scalability and flexibility of the platform. They draft technology roadmaps documenting best practice gaps with precise steps of how to get there. They will ensure that each new iteration of functionality conforms to best practices, which demonstrate easily understood business value, and that design impacts are fully understood across all dimensions of our operation. The Data Architect must be a consensus builder across a highly- technical cross-functional team.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Drive the technical design of large scale data platforms, utilizing modern and open source technologies, in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Set standards for data engineering functions; design templates for the data management program which are scalable, repeatable, and simple.
- Design and build modular software components that can be used by less senior developers.
- Serve as a consultant and leader on all aspects of a modern and flexible SDLC approach, applied to data engineering, analytics and data science efforts.
- Be a teacher and mentor to less-senior technical team members.
- Be able to consult on complex data engineering efforts and lead project teams through the solution design process.
- Research, evaluate and formally recommend third party software and technology package.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and projects in the modern data management/engineering space.
- Function as escalation point for developers.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Information Services or Equivalent education/experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services.
- 7 years Industry related experience.
- Cloud data storage experience with AWS or Azure.
- Strong understanding of data security principles; thread detection/avoidance; multi-layered defense strategies.
- Commercial software development experience.
- Deep understanding of indexing and searching.
- Have a deep understanding of information systems and their applications to data management processes.
- Fluency in at least 2 object oriented language, preferably Java and Python; familiarity with functional languages as well.
- Experience architecting data platforms using Apache Hadoop (Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR distributions) and Apache Spark.
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses with both structured and unstructured data sources.
- Strong knowledge of cloud data processing architectures coordinating ETL/ELT with traditional, distributed and virtualized environments.
- Proficient in SQL; experience with Hive and Impala.
- Experience with API design.
- Knowledge and ability to build data science and machine learning applications from end-to-end.
Lumedic is a Seattle-based healthcare technology company transforming revenue cycle management processes for modern payers and providers. From eligibility to pre-authorization to billing, Lumedic offers an end-to-end platform and intelligent network built on blockchain technology that embraces patient, payer, and provider interactions to drive more efficient operations and make smarter data-driven decisions.
Lumedic is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Our goals for Lumedic are ambitious, and we’re continually in search of motivated, committed, and energetic people to join our mission.