At Level 11 we pride ourselves on being disruptive, delivering beyond expectations, and focusing on what’s possible. Level 11’s combination of engineering and experience design has helped us win transformative work. Located in the heart of downtown in the top of Century Square building, we have great views, plenty of delicious food and lots of fun.
As a Level 11 Java Backend Developer you will:
- Focus primarily on Java development and backend work.
- Demonstrate expertise and add valuable input throughout the development lifecycle.
- Help design and implement scalable, lasting technology solutions.
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify potential challenges and bottlenecks in order to address them proactively.
- Maintain and upgrade existing systems.
- Work closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts.
Does this describe you?
- Software developer with a solid foundation in Java.
- Intellectually curious; motivated to understand how complex software systems work and how to improve them.
- Passionate about building high quality, performant, and scalable software.
- Works well in a team environment and demonstrates a positive attitude and enthusiasm for challenges.
- Interested in growing skills and a passion for continuously improving software products.
We’re looking for this combination of key skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus 2-3 years of experience with a demonstrable focus in Java development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Agile methodologies
- Spring or Spring Boot
- Docker/containerization for service deployments
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architectures and REST service design
- Familiarity with modern web technologies (e.g. React/Redux)
Other important information about this position:
- This is a contract position with the potential for conversion to full-time work as an employee.
- The individual in this role will split their time between our Bothell location and our corporate headquarters in downtown Seattle.
If this resonates with you, and you bring a technical foundation and collaborative approach, we’d like to have a conversation. Please no staffing firms/recruiters.
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at Level 11. Level 11 is committed to a work environment in which relationships are characterized by dignity, courtesy, and respect. We are committed to nondiscrimination in all business operations.
About Level 11
Level 11 is a user experience and software development firm that helps transform how customers interact with your company and brand.