HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the world’s largest cannabis information resource. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
We have an exciting leadership opportunity for an experienced professional in Data Analytics, Data Engineering, or Data Science. You will:
– Create the Data team for Leafly building out the resources, processes, and technical expertise to drive Leafly’s future, partnering with the recently hired CEO
– Define how data and analytics intersect at Leafly
– Evangelize data at the company and how it can help solve problems and find new opportunities
You have a strong business sense, are metrics driven, organized, and have experience working with various business functions to develop and execute programs that democratizes data in a way that elevates all parts of the organization. You enjoy discovering vasts amount of information within vasts amount of data!
– Work cohesively with Engineering and Product teams
– Evaluate the current tools and data sources
– Define and execute company-wide data strategies
– Craft a compelling, long term vision for the Company, set goals to achieve the vision and ensure achievement of immediate term goals through cross-functional collaboration and high standards
– Be able to exchange ideas, prioritize projects, allocate resources, ask questions
– Lead the continued high growth and innovation of our Data Science team
– Champion a data-first culture and drive long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science capabilities
– Manage a pipeline of projects/products and their on-time delivery working across multiple multi-functional teams
– Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
– Be an effective manager and communicator who can articulate a clear direction for the team, set expectations for performance, and foster a positive working environment
– Patience, a sense of humor, and an equal willingness to teach and learn
– Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree in business, computer science, or equivalent work experience
– Fluency in Google Analytics
– Fluency in Python and/or R
– Background in descriptive statistics and predictive analytics/forecasting
– 8+ years of relevant work experience in a quantitative field supporting Product Management
– 5+ years of experience in a management role working hands on as well as strategic oversite of team
– Experience in a high growth startup environment
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended. Job may require travel outside the continental U.S.
Leafly Holdings, Inc. (www.Leafly.com, www.leafly.ca) is a privately held, private equity backed cannabis/health information technology company. Leafly provides a safe and inviting environment on the web to access the world's largest cannabis information resource. Our website and mobile visitors browse strain ratings, study reviews, provide recommendations, view lab testing data, and find trusted dispensary locations. We make the process of finding the right strains and products fast, simple, and comfortable.