- Technical lead for cross-functional team of embedded engineers working on a wider program
- Primary interface to engineering management and program management on critical engineering deliverables within program
- Lead engineering team through all phases of engineering deliverables to ensure on-time, high-quality, lowest-cost launch of embedded content within program
- Lead completion of DFSS deliverables (QFD, Project summary matrix, FMEA, etc.) and ensure they meet project schedule commitments
- Lead early definition and define technical requirements of long lead control systems within program via
- Request-for-Proposals/Quotes and preliminary Technical Requirements Specifications
- Assist with early program resource and project planning relative to Embedded Engineering personnel and deliverables. Track execution of technical deliverables versus plan throughout program.
- Lead high-quality input to engineering deliverables within Kenworth and Peterbilt Tollgate project management systems
- Track and manage Embedded Engineering controllable budget (FTEs, travel, experimental parts, NRE, capital) to ensure program budget is met and parts are available on time for engineering work, testing, and truck builds
- Deliver high quality systems definition, control systems, or software designs, as needed within program
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related discipline required.
Advanced Degree (MS or MBA) preferred
- 5+ years in electrical or embedded system/software design required
- 3+ years in heavy truck electrical or embedded system design at PACCAR required
- Experience leading cross-functional engineering teams preferred
- Proficiency in using MATLAB/Simulink, Rational Rhapsody, or Mentor Graphics preferred
- Solid understanding of Design for Six Sigma and Six Sigma techniques.
- Experience creating requirements specifications, hardware/software designs, and engineering change notices.
- Familiarity with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, flowchart/modeling, presentation, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally in a results-orientated environment.
- Travel up to 10%, including internationally
About Kenworth Truck Company
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks. Kenworth is the first truck manufacturer to receive the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Air Excellence award in recognition of its environmentally friendly products.