Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software (And that’s what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
*Relocation assistance provided if relocating to Seattle.
What you will be doing:
- Partnering with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring & alerting.
- Educating & empowering service teams to think operationally when designing services.
- Developing software solutions to support & sustain services & products.
- Maintaining and developing tools to automate much of the manual work required to keep a SaaS offering highly available, scalable, and resilient to the vagaries of the Internet.
- Developing and maintaining methodologies of iteratively deploying Instructure’s cloud-based architecture.
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that you can sleep through the night even in case of instance failure.
- This is an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud automation and gain hands on experience developing software with AWS.
Here’s what you will need to know/have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Programming experience using Ruby, Node, Go, or other modern programming language
- Experience with Containers; Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Deep understanding of configuration management and automation tools (Anisible, Salt, Puppet)
- CI/CD exposure – Jenkins, Git/Gerrit
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp cert. preferred, but not required
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Transportation allowance.
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
- Food, lots of food.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn’t catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructure makes software that makes people smarter. It all started with Canvas in 2011 and the goal to make teaching and learning a lot easier. In 2015, we launched Bridge, which aims to change the way you (and, more importantly, your employees) think about employee engagement and corporate training. Today, more than 1,600 universities, school districts and institutions around the world use (and love) our products. We’re out to make the world smarter with better software because we hate mediocre technology as much as you do. Probably more. OK, yeah, we hate it more.