GeekWire is seeking a Senior Sales Executive who will be responsible for identifying and working with new advertisers, job posters, and sponsors seeking to reach our growing audience.
- Seek- We’re looking for an outward facing prospector, someone who will find new advertising leads for the GeekWork job board and GeekWire news site. The ideal candidate will not be intimidated by making cold calls in pursuit of qualified leads, or cultivating new relationships at industry events.
- Assess & Qualify – Once you have identified a lead, you must assess their needs and validate GeekWire’s ability to provide ROI.
- Educate – It is your job to educate qualified leads about the mission of GeekWire and the quality of our high-net worth and well-educated audience.
- Propose & Close – You’ve found the lead, shown the value of advertising on GeekWire. Now propose an advertising campaign, close the deal, and secure new advertising and sponsorship revenue.
- Serve – As a member of the GeekWire team, we’re looking for a brand ambassador to spread the message of GeekWire to new readers and new advertisers.
- Prospecting for, selling and trafficking advertising, managing advertiser relationships.
- Selling job and special ad packages to companies posting on GeekWork, GeekWire’s job board.
- Selling event sponsorships/managing event sponsor relationships, looking for creative ways to match sponsors with the many creative events that GeekWire hosts.
- Evangelizing GeekWire in the community, serving as a brand ambassador with clear and concise communication.
As a GeekWire Sales Professional, you will be responsible for:
1. Revenue Generation. The GeekWire Sales Professional works in conjunction with the GeekWire sales team and is responsible for advertising sales at GeekWire. This primarily includes the core businesses of advertising and classified ad sales, as well as event sponsorships. Responsibilities include prospecting for and generating leads, making daily outgoing sales phone calls, setting up sales pitches, organizing sales workflow and closing transactions for ad sales and sponsorship partners.
2. Brand Ambassador. You will generate key messaging for GeekWire’s value proposition, based on a material understanding of the site’s readership and demographics, as well as a strong grasp of GeekWire’s primary competitors and points of differentiation. You’ll attend GeekWire-sponsored events and other community events, helping to spread the word of GeekWire and serving as another “external face” of the company.
Hours and compensation: Full time, base + commission sales position.
Experience: 3-5 years of sales experience, with a focus on media, advertising and events. College degree preferred.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
GeekWire is a fast-growing, national technology news site with strong roots in the Seattle region and a large audience of loyal, tech-savvy readers around the globe, who follow the site for breaking news, expert analysis and unique insights into the technology industry.