Primary Functions: Online Ad Coordinator, Office Management,Marketing Assistant, Membership Director.
GeekWire, the leading technology news source in the Pacific Northwest, is growing its team with the addition of an all-purpose superstar to manage and coordinate various aspects of the GeekWire business. This role requires communication and organizational chops, working directly with the GeekWire business and editorial teams. It also requires excellent writing skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. The ideal candidate will serve as the nerve center of GeekWire, driving the organization forward through a series of high-impact tasks that include:
- Assist GeekWire advertisers with display advertising campaigns, connecting with them to collect creative, generate reports and field questions.
- Load all GeekWire ad campaigns in DoubleClick for Publishers; WordPress, Mail Chimp and other online tools.
- Handle collections and billing.
- Create ad analytics reports showing the results of online ad campaigns.
- Manage the planning and fulfillment of an online advertising calendar.
- Manage the planning and fulfillment of annual sponsorships.
- Manage the GeekWire daily e-mail newsletter, including ad insertion and list management. Assist in the growth of new subscribers.
- Manage and operate the GeekWire Membership program. Devise ways to attract new members and add more value to existing members.
- Track new memberships, maintain the GeekWire member database, send personalized renewal reminders and monthly updates to members with prizes and other content.
- Facilitate introductions of interested startup members to GeekWire’s insurance partners.
- Promote and market memberships at GeekWire events and other venues.
- Serve as primary liaison to membership community. Register members for each event. Get to know members at events, build relationships, oversee giveaways and ensure a VIP experience.
- Manage the GeekWire office, including routine tasks such as mail pickup, ordering supplies and making deposits.
- Manage and organize the Dropbox account and GeekWire’s filing system.
- Support the hiring and onboarding of new employees or contractors
- Managing employee benefits and updates
- Act as a liaison with building management and vendors
- Research and implement improvements to the existing GeekWire administration system and related tools
- Work in conjunction with the sales team to identify marketing opportunities.
- Help execute marketing initiatives promoting GeekWire’s editorial coverage and events business.
- Master Google Analytics to better understand GeekWire’s reach, audience and potential.
- Mine data to bolster sales, social media efforts, and build traffic.
The ideal candidate
- Thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial culture, taking initiative to create and accomplish tasks that drive the business forward.
- Has a solid background in customer service, managing inquiries from members, advertisers and readers. Solves issues with a smile.
- Has the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, multi-tasking and prioritizing. Highly organized with an enthusiasm to learn.
- Understands and is a quick study of online tools such as Google Docs, MailChimp, WordPress, EventBrite, Dropbox and Doubleclick.
- Operates as a self-starter, stepping into new tasks with enthusiasm and a “can-do” spirit.
- Serves an ambassador for the business, attending events and spreading the GeekWire brand into new corners of the world.
- Enjoys working as a part of a scrappy startup team, and has a passion for delivering business results.
- Interest and/or experience in graphic design is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (Please provide writing sample).
- 2+ years experience in a marketing; administrative support or online ad trafficking role.
Competitive salary and benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
GeekWire is a fast-growing, national technology news site with strong roots in the Seattle region and a large audience of loyal, tech-savvy readers around the globe, who follow the site for breaking news, expert analysis and unique insights into the technology industry.
GeekWire is uniquely positioned to cover some of the most widely followed and innovative tech companies in the world, and one of the most vibrant startup markets in the country.
Our signature events and meetups bring out thousands of people to connect, learn, recruit, do business and have fun with a broad cross-section of the tech community. Our membership program includes some of the most respected people in the technology community: top entrepreneurs, computer scientists and business leaders.
In addition to news coverage, GeekWire provides widely used resources for the Pacific Northwest technology community, including the GeekWork job board, GeekWire 200 startup ranking, the Startup List database, Service Provider Directory and GeekWire Calendar. GeekWire’s weekly radio show airs on KIRO Radio (97.3 FM) in the Seattle region, and reaches a worldwide audience via podcast