Sales Geek isn’t the title, but it should be! GeekWire is looking for a passionate seller of advertising, sponsorships and events primarily for the technology sector. As an Account Executive for GeekWire you wake up excited to connect with companies to share our unique story and help solve their marketing needs through our many assets.
As the ideal candidate, you have at least two years of relevant media sales experience, highly-organized, detailed and great at follow-up. You have tenacity and possess an entrepreneur spirit to grow your book of business like a start-up. Networking, cold-calling, face-to-face meetings and group presentations don’t scare you. Your curiosity and knowledge about the technology industry and the digital advertising landscape is a plus: AI, ML, IoT, cloud technology mean something to you. College degree preferred. (Recent graduate? Pitch us on why you’ve got what it takes!)
GeekWire is a fast-paced media company and the sales professional who joins our team exemplifies our core values. We are independent journalists on a mission to provide the best coverage and content for our loyal audience while building our community through our events. While you are focused on achieving your individual goals, you recognize the importance of being a part of this collaborative team and contributing in creative, smart ways for our growth.
- Generate revenue as a key member of the GeekWire Sales Team responsible for advertising, classified advertising and event sponsorship sales.
- Manage client relationships and grow revenue from existing accounts.
- Evangelize GeekWire in the community, serving as a brand ambassador with clear and concise communication about our value proposition.
- Attend GeekWire-sponsored events and other community events, serving as the ‘external face’ of the company.
- Contribute to the collective knowledge of the sales team.
- Maintain a healthy sales funnel from qualified leads through pending prospects to close business to meet your sales goals.
- Communicate with your manager your action plan to achieve your sales goals.
Benefits for you?
- This is a full-time, base + commission sales position with unlimited potential.
- We don’t expect you to wear a suit, just a confident attitude.
- Comfortable shoes recommended to explore the area around our office in Fremont.
- We are small team that encourages each other and celebrates individual contributions.
- We offer flexibility in when/where you work as long as you deliver results.
- Did we mention we’re dog-friendly?
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief note on why you would geek out for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
GeekWire is a fast-growing, national technology news site with strong roots in the Seattle region and a large audience of loyal, tech-savvy readers around the globe, who follow the site for breaking news, expert analysis and unique insights into the technology industry.