Primary Functions: Digital ad trafficker, Reporting analyst, Membership program manager, Sales team support.
GeekWire, the leading technology news source in the Pacific Northwest, is growing its team with the addition of an all-purpose superstar with excellent writing skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to manage and coordinate various aspects of the GeekWire business.
The Advertising and Membership Coordinator will be responsible for implementing online advertising campaigns, project managing custom sponsorships, analyzing campaign data and supporting the GeekWire business team. This role requires communication and organizational chops, working directly with the GeekWire business and editorial teams, responsibilities will include:
Advertising and Sponsorship Coordination
- Manage the execution of display advertising campaigns, connecting with GeekWire advertisers to collect creative, book campaigns and field questions.
- Load all GeekWire ad campaigns in DoubleClick for Publishers; WordPress, MailChimp and other online tools.
- Create ad analytics and sponsorship reports to help sales team speak on the success of each advertising campaign or sponsorship.
- Manage the planning and fulfillment of an online advertising calendar.
- Manage the GeekWire daily e-mail newsletter, including ad insertion and list management.
- Ensure client’s creatives match technical specifications, test and troubleshoot all digital advertising.
- Monitor and optimize campaign delivery and performance.
- Responsible for reporting on campaigns and analyzing a variety of metrics to improve performance and success.
- Manage the planning and fulfillment of annual sponsorships.
- Collaborate with the sales team to successfully launch custom sponsorships.
- Support the sales teams with general inquiries and client customer service.
- Develop dynamic and data-driven presentation materials that will aid the sales process.
- Manage the production, approval and trafficking for podcast advertising.
- Research and help implement best practices for branded content and display campaigns. Track the competitive marketplace to understand what our competitors are doing and explore new products.
- Help the Marketing and Events Coordinator execute marketing initiatives promoting GeekWire’s editorial coverage and events business.
- Master Google Analytics to better understand GeekWire’s reach, audience and potential.
- Mine data to bolster sales, social media efforts, and build traffic.
- Manage and operate the GeekWire Membership program. Devise ways to attract new members and add more value to existing members.
- Track new memberships, maintain the GeekWire member database, send personalized renewal reminders and monthly updates to members with prizes and other content.
- Facilitate introductions of interested startup members to GeekWire’s insurance partners.
- Promote and market memberships at GeekWire events and other venues.
- Serve as primary liaison to membership community. Register members for each event. Get to know members at events, build relationships, oversee giveaways and ensure a VIP experience.
The ideal candidate
- Thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial culture, taking initiative to create and accomplish tasks that drive the business forward.
- Has a solid background in customer service, managing inquiries from members, advertisers and readers. Solves issues with a smile.
- Has the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, multi-tasking and prioritizing. Highly organized with an enthusiasm to learn.
- Demonstrates excellent computer skills. Strong Excel or data interpretation skills a plus.
- Previous knowledge of online tools such as Google Docs, MailChimp, WordPress, EventBrite, Dropbox, Facebook, YouTube, Google Analytics and especially DFP, is a plus (please specify which tools and length of experience).
- Operates as a self-starter, stepping into new tasks with enthusiasm and a “can-do” spirit.
- Serves an ambassador for the business, attending events and spreading the GeekWire brand into new corners of the world.
- Experience in graphic design or project management is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (Please provide writing sample).
- 2+ years experience in a media or an online ad trafficking role.
Competitive salary and benefits. Please submit your resume, writing sample and applicable technical skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
GeekWire is a fast-growing, national technology news site with strong roots in the Seattle region and a large audience of loyal, tech-savvy readers around the globe, who follow the site for breaking news, expert analysis and unique insights into the technology industry.
GeekWire is uniquely positioned to cover some of the most widely followed and innovative tech companies in the world, and one of the most vibrant startup markets in the country.
Our signature events and meetups bring out thousands of people to connect, learn, recruit, do business and have fun with a broad cross-section of the tech community. Our membership program includes some of the most respected people in the technology community: top entrepreneurs, computer scientists and business leaders.
In addition to news coverage, GeekWire provides widely used resources for the Pacific Northwest technology community, including the GeekWork job board, GeekWire 200 startup ranking, the Startup List database, Service Provider Directory and GeekWire Calendar. GeekWire’s weekly radio show airs on KIRO Radio (97.3 FM) in the Seattle region, and reaches a worldwide audience via podcast