Full-time position in Seattle, WA • Available to all United States applicants
WHO WE ARE
Front Desk is a fast-growing Seattle-based company that is always looking for people who are customer-focused, dedicated, accountable, and driven. We design and build software that’s simple to use so business owners can focus on what they do best—serving their clients.
HOW WE WORK
We like operating at full throttle in a collaborative group of both startup veterans and novices who debate the right way to do things and are empowered to take smart risks, find brilliant solutions, and build things that better the well-being of our customers and theirs. We’re doing our best work ever, learning from our mistakes, improving on our successes, and finding abilities we didn’t know we had for using sophisticated logic and business intelligence to make bedrock business principles accessible and intuitive to small and enterprise businesses alike.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Systems Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining Front Desk’s infrastructure to ensure it is secure, reliable, scalable, and automated. They collaborate closely with peers to deploy and scale software to enable thousands of business owners to effectively manage their businesses.
- Build and maintain infrastructure that is secure, reliable, scalable, and automated.
- Responsible for the administration of all production and staging systems.
- Writing and maintaining clear documentation about system architecture.
- Responsible for network and systems security.
- Deploy robust monitoring to vital systems.
- Responsible for system maintenance including software and hardware upgrades.
- Co-responsible for site uptime and share on-call duty with peers.
- Enable Developers to deploy with ease and confidence in order to increase efficiency and reduce time-to-production.
- Responsible for maximizing hosting spend efficiency.
WHO YOU ARE
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of DevOps or software development experience in a technology company.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems architecture.
- Strong knowledge of common scripting language
- Experience with configuration management software such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet. Preferably Ansible.
- Experience deploying distributed applications to AWS.
- Experience with both relationship and document databases.
- Experience deploying secure applications in a distributed system.
- Experience deploying monitoring software.
HOW YOU WORK
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other functional peers in a collaborative environment. Proven ability to succeed in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of the end-user impact of any architecture.
EXTRA COOL IF YOU HAVE
- Experience in coding secure applications
- Experience with Docker or other container-based platforms
- Experience deploying Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with Kubernetes
About Front Desk, Inc.
HOW WE COMPENSATE
- Competitive salary
- 99% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and dependents
- Transportation and parking benefit
- Flexible PTO (paid time off) and company holidays
- Professional development investment
- Work culture and environment focused on employee well-being, exciting, fun, creative and client focused - pet friendly office!
- Fully stocked kitchens with coffee, soft drinks, beer, wine, and all the snacks
- Convenient Capitol Hill location in Seattle
Front Desk (https://frontdeskhq.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed technology startup. Based in Seattle, Front Desk is the only mobile-first client management software built for the highly fragmented and underserved personal services economy. Using Front Desk, any service-based business can easily and efficiently manage scheduling and attendance, billing and payments, email marketing, and online waivers and documents - anytime, anywhere. We are seeking talented, ambitious people to join our team as we move into our next phase of growth. Being part of Front Desk is a great opportunity for anybody who is entrepreneurial and values learning. Front Desk is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.