Back End Developer
Full-time position in Seattle, WA • Available to all United States applicants
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Back End Developer is responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by Front End Developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
WHO YOU ARE
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a technology company.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of one or more of Ruby, Python, Java or Go
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
HOW YOU WORK
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other functional peers in a collaborative environment. Proven ability to succeed in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of the end-user impact of any architecture.
EXTRA COOL IF YOU HAVE
- Experience in coding secure applications
- Experience with Docker or other container-based platforms
- Experience deploying Ruby on Rails applications
About Front Desk, Inc.
HOW WE COMPENSATE
- Competitive salary
- 99% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and dependents
- Transportation and parking benefit
- Flexible PTO (paid time off) and company holidays
- Professional development investment
- Work culture and environment focused on employee well-being, exciting, fun, creative and client focused - pet friendly office!
- Fully stocked kitchens with coffee, soft drinks, beer, wine, and all the snacks
- Convenient Capitol Hill location in Seattle
Front Desk (https://frontdeskhq.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed technology startup. Based in Seattle, Front Desk is the only mobile-first client management software built for the highly fragmented and underserved personal services economy. Using Front Desk, any service-based business can easily and efficiently manage scheduling and attendance, billing and payments, email marketing, and online waivers and documents - anytime, anywhere. We are seeking talented, ambitious people to join our team as we move into our next phase of growth. Being part of Front Desk is a great opportunity for anybody who is entrepreneurial and values learning. Front Desk is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.