The Risk Architect will be responsible for:
- Working with the Analytics, Product, and Operations teams to analyze fraud data, identify trends and key variances, provide detailed reporting and data based assessments, and take action to realize opportunities, reduce risk, and improve customer experience.
- Maintaining and developing industry best practices and policies to monitor and manage all risk systems with an eye on operational KPIs, strategy performance, analyst effectiveness, and key cost metrics (cancelled order costs, chargebacks, recoveries, etc.)
- Performing ongoing analysis and maintenance of fraud stack components like rules, models and lists.
- Providing input into long term strategic development of eCommerce fraud reduction strategies and advances in mobile payment solutions.
- A Bachelor degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience. Financial Services, Fraud Risk Management, and/or eCommerce background preferred.
- World-class analytical and problem-solving capabilities required, including advanced skills in statistical analysis. Experience using business intelligence, data mining, and predictive analytics tools.
- Strong ability to extract actionable insights from large, highly complex, and multi-dimensional datasets.
- Mental flexibility, including ability to dive very deep into details of the data to ensure quality as well as see the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, strong problem-solving & multi-tasking skills, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building, leadership, and team management skills.
- Have or willing to complete the eCommerce Fraud Professional Certified by The Fraud Practice training track.
- Experience with SQL, R, Java and Hadoop/MR preferred.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.