As a Senior Front-end engineer at Discuss.io, you will have the chance to implement our category-defining video conferencing platform using React/Redux/ES6 to delight our customers. You will have the support of a tight-knit group who are excited to have you to help us execute. The right candidate will be committed to building outstanding, maintainable solutions that demonstrate a deep understanding of our customers’ needs.
- Develop React/Redux/Material UI applications leveraging the latest and greatest ES6 features
- Work with a modern development toolchain including Babel and Webpack
- Test your code with a real client-side testing story based on Mocha, Jest and Enzyme
- Collaborate with service teams via Swagger
- Actively provide feedback in code and design reviews
- Build a websocket-based, event-driven, highly interactive video-conferencing platform. This isn’t your typical CRUD app!
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and Technical Support teams to enable new customer-facing features and solve existing pain points
- 5 years experience shipping web applications serving a substantial customer base
- 1 year experience building React/Redux applications
- Demonstrable collaboration with business owners and UX designers
Who you are
- You have a good eye for design and you pay attention to the details; imperfections bug you.
- You take pride in building quality products that delight users.
- You strive to find clean solutions to complex technical problems.
- You go above and beyond to help your team.
- You enjoy being in a culture that recognizes the value of tests in reducing long-term maintenance costs.
- You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them.
- You are a motivated and talented craftsperson: always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills.
- You are hands on and excited about building things.
Why you should join us
- We are a rapidly growing team of customer obsessed individuals and are headquartered in the lovely neighborhood of Fremont, Seattle.
- We have solid revenue, solid funding, repeat Fortune 500 customers and 100% YoY growth.
- We place a lot of value in knowledge sharing, so being a team player is a must.
- We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, innovation, and freakishly friendly customer service.
- We offer interesting and challenging problems to solve, independence, as well as opportunities to learn and grow.
- As a part of our team, you’ll be able to clearly see the impact of your work and have a voice in decision-making processes.
At Discuss.io, we enable brands to connect and speak directly with consumers around the globe and in real-time. At our core, we’re a technology company with a mission to democratize the multi-billion dollar market research industry. Funded by Unilever Ventures and other private investors, we are bringing the traditional, long, and arduous process of conducting market research into the digital age through our online video conferencing platform. Today, Discuss.io is powering consumer connection and empathy programs at many of the world's leading brands, including Unilever, Godrej, Danone, Nestle, and SCA, among others.