As a Lead QA Engineer at Discuss.io, you will have the chance to own our drive towards high-quality releases. You will have the support of a tight-knit group who are excited for the peace of mind you can add to the release process. You will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career delivering great quality product at a fast pace – ultimately rising to a management position for the right candidate. You will collaborate with Development team members and Product Managers to drive testability into our CI/CD toolchain and ensure quality releases.
- Oversee an automated testing strategy, leading by example and ensuring alignment of that strategy with product direction.
- Plan/organize necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues, help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Work with different teams (Engineering/PM/Customer Success) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage and also provide feedback on quality issues.
- Work with in-country and offshore teams to set their priorities, mentor them in best practices and remove their roadblocks.
- Assess the status of the release, balancing the need for timely releases with delivery of high-quality product.
- Create and support test dashboards/reports.
- Help the continuous drive for automation of quality and integration with engineering systems to ensure that issues are identified as early as possible in the development cycle.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years as a QA engineer, demonstrating an increasing level of responsibility.
- You are familiar with classic technologies such as Selenium/Cucumber/SauceLabs, but also are familiar with newer testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine, Enzyme, Jest.
- You can map a cohesive testing strategy to an engineering architecture and work with the engineering and QA teams to deliver that vision.
- You have a solid grasp of CI/CD systems and can talk to experiences with integration of testing strategies with those systems.
- You enjoy delivering a well-executed testing strategy that brings confidence to the team.
- You enjoy “nerding out” about the role of QA in the engineering process, ecosystem and evolution with like-minded technologists.
- You go above and beyond to help your team.
- You enjoy being in a culture that recognizes the value of tests in reducing long-term maintenance costs.
- You are excited to work with cutting edge technologies in an startup environment where the team relies on you to make business-critical decisions.
- You want the possibility to transition from a lead to a management role as the team continues to grow.
Why you should join us
- We are a rapidly-growing team of customer-obsessed individuals and are headquartered in the lovely neighborhood of Fremont, Seattle.
- We place a lot of value in knowledge sharing, so being a team player is a must.
- We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, innovation, and freakishly friendly customer service.
- We offer interesting and challenging problems to solve, independence, as well as opportunities to learn and grow.
- As a part of our team, you’ll be able to clearly see the impact of your work and have a voice in decision-making processes.
At Discuss.io, we enable brands to connect and speak directly with consumers around the globe and in real-time. At our core, we’re a technology company with a mission to democratize the multi-billion dollar market research industry. Funded by Unilever Ventures and other private investors, we are bringing the traditional, long, and arduous process of conducting market research into the digital age through our online video conferencing platform. Today, Discuss.io is powering consumer connection and empathy programs at many of the world's leading brands, including Unilever, Godrej, Danone, Nestle, and SCA, among others.