CraftAg is building the agricultural supply chain of the future, starting with Washington-grown hemp, a premium, whole-food ingredient for a new generation of CBD-enriched products. We organize a network of small farmers, distribute premium plant genetics, support regenerative farming practices, and offer state-of-the-art processing to bring our network of farmers to market at a profitable selling price.
At our Bainbridge Island headquarters, we are building the digital toolbox of twenty-first century agriculture: distributed data collection in the fields, shared scientific insight, farm-to-table traceability, smart contracts, and complementary currency.
We are assembling a team of founding employees at our Bainbridge Island location in 2020 to develop corporate branding, product management, finance, and information technology. As Controller, you will have the opportunity to build our financial systems from the ground up and be a key decision maker on the leadership team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all accounting functions at CraftAg and its subsidiary corporations, including control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Spearhead corporate-wide financial planning and modeling.
- Build key metrics for each business unit.
- Work with partners and division heads to implement systems that integrate well across business units and facilitate good business decision making in each group.
- Provide regular financial reporting.
- Handle accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank reconciliations, chart of accounts and accounting filing system.
Commitment to sustainable agriculture, openness to new ideas, and a genuine interest in start-ups required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution, CPA strongly preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with strong proficiency in Accounting systems and Google Suite.
Self-starter with the ability to work independently to resolve problems.
Analytical and strategic thinker.
CraftAg is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com