Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 2+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field. Software development experience (required). Advanced knowledge of Agile methodology (required).
License/Certification: ITIL Foundation preferred.
Experience as a developer in an Agile Scrum team preferably in a Healthcare setting.
Experience with Java/J2EE based architecture frameworks and concepts.
Experience with DevOps, Jenkins, Bitbucket, JIRA
Pega 7, HP Extreme, Angular and API’s would be a plus
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.