Who We Are – Blueocean.ai
The Role – Senior Full Stack Engineer
You are a critical thinker who is self-motivated and intellectually curious. You love to try new things and
have a need to figure out how things work. Highly focused and determined, you’re a standout colleague
with strong leadership qualities. You are well respected by your peers and driven by making an impact
with code. You love working on cool projects with the latest technologies. Motivated by innovation, you
like to be challenged to develop new technology solutions to answer complex problems but also know
when a tried and true solution is the right choice. You are fluent in a variety of programming languages,
and pick up new languages easily. You write clean code fast, understand Test Driven Development (TDD)
and can code complete applications from front end to back end. If this description fits, then you are a
Blueocean.ai Senior Full Stack Engineer.
You are highly motivated to uncover answers, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and find fulfillment in
working across multiple industries. If you strive to work on disruptive, breakthrough technology, at
Blueocean.ai you’ll have the opportunity to cultivate your skills, working on cutting edge solutions and
have a blast doing it. Regarded as the best engineer on your team, or perhaps your whole company, you
can rapidly learn new technologies and write code at speeds previously thought impossible. You believe
in covering your code in automated tests, but can do it fast enough to outpace those that disregard
test-driven development. Agile and flexible in your abilities, you are willing to take on tasks that stretch
beyond your past areas of expertise. As part of the Blueocean.ai team, you’ll help build a leading-edge
product, solve complex problems, predict the future and have fun doing it.
- Design complex real-time ML based AI application architectures and build creative solutions for our AI SaaS platform.
- Define system requirements and provide feedback on project limitations and capabilities.
- Define performance reliability, flexibility and scalability requirements.
- Analyze user requirements to determine feasibility of design with time, cost and resource constraints.
- Collaborate and build solutions regarding architecture, back-end API’s, and testing frameworks.
- Build HTML5/CSS3 responsive layouts from provided mock up files.
- Write functional and automated tests for new and existing features.
- Provide documentation for written code and assist in peer code reviews.
- Assist in resolving operational issues for implemented features.
- Provide support for successful feature roll out and deployment.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience in developing responsive UI applications and professional web
- applications using: React, HTML5, CSS3, JQUERY, JSON, Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Experience in object-oriented programming with Java/C#
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as GIT
- Experience in cloud computing and cloud hosted applications such as Amazon AWS, EC2 and S3
- Experience in cloud routing using REST or GraphQL
- Knowledge or experience in optimizing assets using webpack and CDN
- English language skills
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Deep understanding of professional software engineering practices and best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards,
code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience leading teams and/or engineering efforts
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Product development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Our business is disruption
- We are all business. All the time
- Execution counts, it will be messy, Break the status quo
- This is as much about the journey as it is the business
- Everything is up for grabs
- Make sure we keep our promises
- Push yourself and the team constructively
- Imagine the possible
- Do more with less
- Your job is not done until the job is done
- Things to fear
- Single voices
- Ignoring the voice of the customer
- Over commitment
- It is going to be ugly
- Get this right you will help build an insanely valuable company.
Location: Bellevue or greater Seattle
Equal Opportunity Employer: Blueocean.ai provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Blueocean.ai is a company founded by partners who have spent 20 years building the greatest brands in the world by capitalizing on the exclusivity of data and the scale to dominate markets. We are breaking down the walled gardens of data exclusivity and giving tens of thousands of Davids the tools to beat the few Goliaths. Just as Bloomberg - a company built on providing proprietary and expensive access to data - is watching its value erode to entrants like Robinhood - we are a company build on open access to the exact same data but at scale and for the masses. Blueocean.ai is a SaaS platform that provides faster and better insight which is easily accessible and affordable for all. We are coming fast to market with extremely viral and low-cost tools that provide everyday value for brands both big and small. Our customers use of the platform will make us smarter and our flywheel of growth will quickly engage as we bring on additional value-added services which reinforce and grow our underlying data asset.