How would you like to be part of an organization where member values and company values are one and the same? Whose culture encourages and expects employees to advocate for our members — which has made us the most trusted and respected financial institution throughout the communities we serve and support. That’s BECU—where we put Members First.
We’re looking for dynamic, passionate, engaged employees who value doing what’s right to serve our members – and take pride in knowing that our success depends on everyone who comes to work with us each day.
BECU is one of the nation’s leading credit unions, serving our Members for over 80 years. We know our people are what make us special, and we seek to employ those who want to make a difference. If that’s you, then read on…
The Sr Cloud Architect leads design, development, and execution on a long-range technology architectural roadmap for the Cloud domain based on established business needs and the enterprise technology strategy. The Sr Cloud Architect drives defining the strategy, architecture and practices for the domain, actively partnering with key stakeholders across the organization. The role designs and delivers innovative architectural solutions for BECU, establishing and maintaining domain standards and solutions which align to and provide measurable improvement towards BECU’s strategic goals. The Sr Cloud Architect also drives and synthesizes analysis of new and emerging domain-specific technologies, partnering with senior leaders to develop strategic opportunities.
The Sr Cloud Architect provides cloud focused architectural leadership and expertise for all BECU solutions that will be cloud hosted (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and is accountable for developing the migration path for existing on-premises BECU solutions to the next generation cloud environment.
In this job, you will:
- Lead, synthesize, and socialize the design, development, and deployment of solutions for one of the following domain areas: Cloud, Application, Data or Security.
- Create and maintain domain-specific architectural vision, standards and constraints and develop technology roadmaps to realize; collaborate across business units to architect solutions that drive business and membership value.
- Review existing architecture to identify technical debt, design gaps, new opportunities, and create actionable recommendation for enhancements.
- Support leadership with resource planning activities by providing technical insight into upcoming and ongoing project deliverables.
- Represent the domain-specific team during broad strategic discussions, driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with production support efforts to resolve near-term domain-specific architectural issues and to remove architectural design debt.
- Facilitate agile methodologies supporting domain-specific needs as needed, including developing and/or driving the creation of methodologies that will support the migration, refactoring or replacement of existing systems with strategic domain solutions.
- Provide development specific financial and technological analysis to IT leadership across teams to break down barriers and foster an understanding of domain services and architecture standards. Ensure that solution can be maintained and extended in the long-term.
- Manage and interface with third party vendor and internal stakeholders to deliver comprehensive domain solutions. Review and recommend selection of third-party software platforms as needed.
- Pursue and incorporate knowledge of latest new domain-specific technologies and integrate them into the architecture design where appropriate. Understand current and emerging threats specific to the domain, designing architecture to mitigate these threats where possible.
- Mentor engineers or other technology peers in best practices associated with domain design.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Deep and broad knowledge of cloud service provider capabilities and integration required; Knowledge of primary Azure services (Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Automation, Monitor, OMS) required;
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting and configuration management required; and strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment required;
- Working knowledge of IT compliance and risk management requirements (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing and implementing technology roadmaps and working solutions in the specific domain required, including experience managing delivery for multiple simultaneous complex technology solutions.
- Proficient project management skills with experience in agile development preferred.
- Knowledge of modern technology service architectural hosting, security, and risk management concerns such as IAM, access control, monitoring, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, and containers required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft infrastructure and solution stacks operating in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid hosting environments required.
- Strong ability to communicate complex technically challenging concepts required.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, problem-solving, and negotiation skills required.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Occasional travel required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative with more than 1,000,000 members, BECU is guided by the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.”
Unlike many financial institutions, we do not issue stock, or pay earnings dividends to outside stockholders. Instead, earnings are returned to members in the form of great rates and lower fees. We are less likely to charge service fees than for-profit banks, and when we do charge, fees tend to be lower.
BECU is federally insured by NCUA.
Technology Careers @BECU - Where innovation is combined with 80 years of putting Members First
At BECU, we understand that the better the technology, the better the member experience – and that all begins with our people. Our purpose has and always will be the same: we work together to improve the financial well-being of our communities. Our technology professionals are the minds behind the innovative tools and services that help us best serve our members. This is just the beginning of an exciting future; one where we get to shape the member experience of tomorrow.