The legal industry is complex and intimidating and Avvo is making it easier for people to get quality legal help. Every 5 seconds someone uses Avvo to get legal help. This is a large whitespace field rich with opportunities rooted in consumer pain points. The opportunity for product innovation is tough to match in any other industry.
Avvo is looking for an exceptional product leader to oversee and manage our consumer product team, which leads Avvo’s directory, community, forms, global search, mobile apps, and legal services product lines. This role reports to the Avvo’s Chief Product Officer.
- Develop and maintain the product strategy for our consumer product lines (the consumer’s “jobs to be done”)
- Work with engineering, marketing, sales and senior leadership team to set objectives, key results, and priorities
- Work closely with user experience, data analytics, marketing, and engineering to bring product ideas to life
- Identify opportunities, develop user stories, and test plans for product concepts
- Work with marketing on go-to-market process
- Support and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Manage and hire product managers
- 10+ years of experience in e-commerce and/or two-sided marketplace products
- Management experience
- BS in technical or quantitative discipline
- Proven track record of delivering products in an agile and/or rapid test and learn environment
- Experience providing effective counsel to C-level executives
- Strong business acumen (understand how value is created); ability to see the big picture and the ability to understand and solve for strategic objectives
- Ability to generate hypothesizes, create test programs and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data into logical and actionable conclusions
- Ability to easily communicate complex concepts across the organization
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Well organized and capable of handling multiple critical projects at a time
About Avvo, Inc.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office! In addition to our awesome culture, we offer an AMAZING benefit package (we pay 100% of our employee premium costs and 50% of their dependents - plus 100% of your medical deductible), free legal advice, an ORCA card, up to three weeks of vacation your first year - and more!
Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle's tech community and are backed by top venture capital firms, including Benchmark Capital, TCV, and others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.