We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our design team in Redmond, WA. The ideal candidate will have strong process knowledge in product development as well as a diverse background in designing mechanical parts and systems for consumer and medical devices.
- BSME required; MSME a plus
- 10+ years professional hands-on electro-mechanical or mechanical design experience with increasing design/project responsibility
- Experience in consumer products or medical devices industries
- Proficiency with general ME CAD tools: SolidWorks, Pro/E, CoCreate or Creo
- Must have solid experience with plastic injection moldings (50+ parts designed)
- Good understanding of basic mechanics and machine design.
- Preferred candidates would also have sheet metal stamping and a machined parts background.
- Design for manufacture and assembly experience.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Adept at running tests and collecting data as well as the ability to generate summary reports.
- Proficiency with product development processes from concept to production
- Proficiency in designing injection molded, MIM, and sheet metal parts
- Proficiency presenting engineering designs, proposals, and reports
- Compatibility with a fun, team oriented and supportive environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Why join the Andrews-Cooper team?
- Andrews-Cooper is an established growing 90+ person company with a 18+year track record of design excellence
- This is a full time position with great benefits including competitive wages with incentive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, company 401k w/ match, & professional development.
- You will experience a wide variety of engineering challenges and work with a team of A-player engineers
- We appreciate passionate self-starters who want to make a difference
- Andrews-Cooper is an equal opportunity employer
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrews-Cooper is an engineering firm specializing in product development and automation. Our track record of success stems from our commitment to deliver quality results, to form lasting relationships with clients, and to engage our engineers with interesting problems and challenging projects.
Since our inception in 2000, we’ve expanded to three west coast offices and have grown our team. And while our company has evolved, we have consistently held true to our core values – and our promise to deliver success on every project, every time