- Fully automated infrastructure provisioning and maintenance using Terraform for cloud resources, and SaltStack for infrastructure configuration.
- Containerized microservices deployment architecture, orchestrated with Mesos and Apache Aurora.
- Continuous delivery across environments, with automated test gating.
- Extensive monitoring, alerting and dashboarding with Riemann, InfluxDB, Grafana.
- Stewardship of operational-readiness criteria and processes for services and data feeds.
- Experience running systems with a cloud infrastructure provider, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience running systems atop a containerization platform, such as Mesos, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience managing a configuration or orchestration management system, such as Salt, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Proficient in networking fundamentals including subnetting, firewalling, routing and packet analysis
- Experience configuring and managing operational monitoring and alerting infrastructure, such as Riemann or similar
- Prior experience with Terraform – a distinct plus
- Prior experience running a system atop the JVM platform – a distinct plus
- Prior experience with a distributed database system, such as Hbase, Cassandra, Accumulo or similar – a distinct plus
- Open minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Cloud-first automation, including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Open Source tools, such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of bleeding-edge machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, Flipkart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company comprised of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.