WHO WE ARE:
The AI2 Incubator is a Seattle-based artificial intelligence incubator that creates, launches and invests in AI-first tech startups. The incubator is funded by (and housed next to) the Paul Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence—a world-leading A.I. research institute with over 100+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, and engineers.
WHAT DO WE DO:
We build AI-first startups. Each year, we invite world-class technical talent and entrepreneurs to join our incubator on a rolling basis. We help them come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, define their product, incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in seed funding. And we act as a co-founder, every step of the way.
WHY BUILD A COMPANY WITH US?
- A.I. TALENT & RESEARCH: We offer privileged access to world-class A.I. talent, the latest A.I. research (and paper authors!), and unique technical mentorship. We also help you find a permanent technical co-founder.
- INNOVATION COMMUNITY: We provide inclusion in an innovation-focused ecosystem, surrounded by an inspiring and supportive community of founders.
- PRE-SEED FUNDING: We offer up to $800,000 in funding (spread out over timely moments in your journey) to give you time to find an idea you love, form a team, build traction, and close a seed round.
INCUBATOR TRACK RECORD:
While we are a relatively new tech startup incubator in Seattle, we are proud of our progress and track record. To-date we have incubated seven startups including XNOR.ai, WellSaidLabs.com, Lexion.ai, and more. In the last two years alone, our companies collectively have raised $29M in funding, are valued at $115.5M, and employ over 100+ people—and we are just getting started.
LEARN MORE HERE:
About ALLEN INSTITUTE FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI2)
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence. In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team!
- We are a learning organization: Because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us.
- We value diversity: We seek to partner with people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion: We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance: We believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time.
- We are collaborative and transparent: We consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle: And our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else.