Dream of building an AI-first product and company from the ground up? Want to pair with savvy startup co-founders? Our “CTO-in-Residence” program is perfect for talented Deep Learning Engineers like yourself!
WHO WE ARE:
The AI2 Incubator is a Seattle-based artificial intelligence incubator that creates, launches and invests in AI-first tech startups. The incubator is funded by (and housed next to) the Paul Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence—a world-leading A.I. research institute with over 100+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, and engineers.
WHAT DO WE DO:
We build AI-first startups. Each year, we invite world-class technical talent and entrepreneurs to join our incubator on a rolling basis. We help them come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, define their product, incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in seed funding. And we act as a co-founder, every step of the way.
ABOUT THE RESIDENCY PROGRAM:
Our Technical Residency Program is designed to help entrepreneurial AI scientists and engineers prepare to become a founding member of an early-stage AI startup. Hosted in the rapidly growing AI2 startup incubator (incubator.allenai.org), residents of this program collaborate with entrepreneurs and mentors to validate startup ideas and build minimal viable products with a focus on innovative applications of machine learning and AI. Residents will gain valuable experience across all phases of entrepreneurship, from selecting the right market segments, to building initial customer traction, scaling out a team, raising money, and more.
IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE:
- Stellar engineers with a strong interest in building AI and AI-enabled products from the ground up.
- AI scientists with advanced degrees and publications in areas such as deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and speech.
- Machine learning and data science practitioners with a strong interest in product and engineering.
INCUBATOR TRACK RECORD
While we are a relatively new tech startup incubator in Seattle, we are proud of our progress and track record. To-date we have incubated seven startups including XNOR.ai, WellSaidLabs.com, Lexion.ai, and more. In the last two years alone, our companies collectively have raised $29M in funding, are valued at $115.5M, and employ over 100+ people—and we are just getting started.
LEARN MORE HERE:
About ALLEN INSTITUTE FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI2)
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence. In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team!
- We are a learning organization: Because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us.
- We value diversity: We seek to partner with people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion: We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance: We believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time.
- We are collaborative and transparent: We consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle: And our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else.