Startup Advice, Insights, and Inspiration from the Trenches: GeekWire Startup Day, 8 am – 5 pm on Friday, Feb. 12 at Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, located at 11100 NE 6th Street, Bellevue, WA 98004. For directions and parking information click here.
Planning to make the startup plunge, or already in the deep end? Look no further than GeekWire Startup Day, presented this year by The City of Bellevue.
Startup Day is the preeminent startup conference in the Pacific Northwest — bringing together entrepreneurs, investors, tinkerers and builders for a day of discussion, inspiration and learning about the startup journey.
Startup Demo Zone! Startup companies will receive in-person feedback and conduct one-on-one presentations with event attendees in the Startup Demo Zone. The Zone is available to qualifying startup companies for $650, and includes a presentation table; two tickets to the event and an individual meeting with an angel investor or VC. Three companies from the Demo Zone also will be chosen to present live on stage to our illustrious VC and angel investor panel.
We’re also excited to bring back the Resource Room, where entrepreneurs will be able to discuss everyday business challenges with experts in law, finance, design, leadership and more.
We look forward to seeing you on Feb. 12!
“Lessons From the Sea That Can Help Your Startup Succeed”
Check out the Startup Demo Zone and cast your vote for the People’s Choice Award!
The Resource Room Opens
Discuss everyday business challenges with experts in law, finance, design, leadership and more. Sign up with a GeekWire event team member in Hall A for your one-on-one session with an industry expert.
Stephanie Sprangers, Co-founder of Glamhive
“Fairy tale meets real life: A startup journey”
John Stanton, Founder of VoiceStream Wireless and Jonathan Sposato, CEO of PicMonkey
Nick Huzar, Co-founder & CEO of OfferUp
“Knowing When to Make the Startup Leap”
Announcement of top three finalists from the Demo Zone
The three entrepreneurs will get the opportunity to present their ideas live on stage immediately after lunch, with a 3-minute rapid-fire pitch.
Box lunches provided
Demo Zone Pitches and VC Panel
The top three companies from the Demo Zone present their ideas live on stage to leading venture capitalists and angel investors, followed by a Q&A discussion moderated by GeekWire co-founder John Cook on tips and tricks for raising money.
Venture capital panel: Steven Sinofsky, board partner at Andreessen Horowitz; Andy Liu, angel investor and co-founder of BuddyTV; Heather Redman, angel investor vice president at Indix; and Greg Gottesman, venture partner at Madrona Venture Group and co-founder of Pioneer Square Labs.
Ja'Warren Hooker, Former U.S. Olympian and Founder of Hooker Integrated Training
“Get Up and Stretch: Tips for a Healthy Startup Life”
Josh Marti, Co-founder & CEO of Point Inside
“Why Taking Investment May Be Hazardous to Your Health”
Cast your vote for the Demo Zone People’s Choice Award!
Panel: Dean Graziano, Founder and Former CEO of Lively and Kelsye Nelson, Co-founder and Former CEO of Writer.ly
“Bouncing Back from Failure”
Russell Okung, Seattle Seahawks lineman and Co-founder of GREATER
“Startup Lessons from the Offensive Line”
Closing Remarks & People's Choice Winner Announced
Startup Day Ends
Check out the Demo Zone — a one-of-a-kind spot for young companies to showcase cutting-edge ideas to the Startup Day audience.
Includes: A presentation table; two tickets to the event and a meeting with an angel investor or VC. The top three companies from the Demo Zone, as selected by the VC judging panel, will get the opportunity to present their ideas live on stage immediately after lunch at Startup Day.
The Startup Demo Zone VC judges are: Bill Bryant of DFJ; Soma Somasegar of Madrona; Rob Shurtleff of Divergent Ventures; Cole Brodman of Trilogy; Kristina Bergman of Ignition; and angel investor Gary Rubens.
The panelists for the VC and angel investment panel after lunch are: Steven Sinofsky, board partner at Andreessen Horowitz; Heather Redman, angel investor and VP at Indix; Andy Liu, angel investor and co-founder of BuddyTV; and Greg Gottesman, venture partner at Madrona Venture Group and co-founder of Pioneer Square Labs.
– Calentic is a social platform that allows users to easily create, manage, find, and share events with their friends.
– Neposmart provides feature rich, and affordable solutions by integrating various technologies to increase automation, ease of access and connectivity, bringing the ‘Internet of things’ to our daily lives.
– Faira makes homes sales simple, transparent and affordable. Our new process empowers buyers and sellers with the most information upfront and modern technology to negotiate the sale. Sell your home free at Faira.com.
– Leantime is a Lean based project management system; utilizing a functional Lean canvas and Lean principles to manage, coordinate, and plan projects.
– Slope is platform that makes it easy for marketing and creative teams to collaborate on visual content. Businesses are producing more visual content than ever before, but still lack the necessary tools to make this production easy and efficient. Slope allows teams to plan campaigns, collaborate in real time, and manage the iterative nature of creative projects, streamlining the entire process. We also provide teams with meaningful data to help them improve their process, and better correlate the effort of creating content with its effectiveness in the market.
– Robodub lets you experience your game live, and in person unlike more traditional video games with live action gaming using robots and drones.
– Swurveys makes obtaining answers from your audience lightning quick. Anyone on a mobile device can now productively engage with your ideas, products, services, and brand. All swipe, no type.
– Airlift is a Seattle-based startup that will transform your office kitchen into a natural food
micro market, powered by an intelligent self-checkout iPad.
– Wyper is a mobile app that is “the fastest way to find your next car.”
– IntellaSphere is an all-in-one digital marketing system that seamlessly integrates social media, web, relationship and mobile marketing.
– Globespinning is an iOS app where friends share picturesque itineraries of trips they have taken. It saves you time and effort and helps you plan an amazing trip.
– Viewsay brings in-video commenting and social interaction to online videos. Immediate integration with Facebook, Twitter or Google+ allows you to discover new videos, add in-the-moment contextual comments and share your findings with your friends. This viral loop between, social media and on-line video exposes you to more video content, invites greater engagement through our unique in-video commenting pane, and enhances the overall viewing experience.
– Bizzoku offers a powerful contextual and adaptive mobile platform that empowers easy and affordable app creation. But, it goes much further than any existing platform, letting customers change an apps look, feel and functionality in real-time. This means no app store redeployment or additional wait time along the way. All this without costly developers or graphic designers.
–MONEYfan – injecting life and excitement into the gift card industry.
– Hopela helps you fuel your cause. Discover local causes all around you. Give right in the moment of inspiration. Keep track of all your charitable giving in one convenient spot, and share your moments with others!
– Cartogram provides indoor location services for businesses to solve painful problems, manage venue technology, enable new advertising channels, and improve sales. Our software suite include mobile indoor maps, map content management tools, in-store product search for over 300 retailers, and targeted digital signage which adapts to people who are nearby.
– Government plays a big role in shaping our day-to-day lives. One of the most effective ways to get involved is to support politicians who share your values. ActiveGiver maps all the hot issues, and the corresponding politicians who support them, at the local, State and Federal levels. We call these “Causes.” Using our Cause-based platform, you can interact with Causes in different ways: Follow, Share or Donate. If you donate to a cause, your gift is distributed to the politicians that support it.
– The Feedback Registry is the top level authority for the new .feedback domains. A great example of a domain in use is Microsoft.feedback or Yahoo.feedback. We provide meaningful domains that have an instant call to action for consumers looking to give feedback. All domains sold come with a turnkey platform to accept feedback. The .Feedback domains can add stars to your existing Google SERP results.
– SONS Football is dedicated to the learning and education of raising football IQ for youth athletes. We design patent-pending gloves and sleeves specifically for beginning football players ages 5-9 so coaches can run more effective practices within a positive and SAFE environment when correctly utilized. SONS gives the athlete instant visual recognition, empowering young athletes and raising #PlayerConfidence!
– Guided Fitness is an online marketplace for personal training. For clients, it’s lower cost and flexible, no gym memberships required. Trainers can start and run their independent training businesses on Guided Fitness at a much lower cost than the status quo.