GeekWire Awards 2018, presented by Wave Business
Join us from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. Thursday, May 10 at the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) in Seattle for one of the region’s most-anticipated and hotly-contested tech events: The GeekWire Awards. Continuing this great tradition, we’ll reveal the winners of the Pacific Northwest’s annual startup and technology awards, as nominated and chosen by GeekWire readers.
We will be taking over the SkyChurch at the Museum of Pop Culture for an all-out party for the thriving tech community. We’ll celebrate our community’s movers-and-shakers, up-and-comers, and thought leaders: The tech rock stars of the Pacific Northwest. Heavy appetizers, signature cocktails, wine, and beer will be served.
Past winners have included Tableau, Zulily, Tune, PopCap Games, Arivale, OfferUp, Brown Paper Tickets, Avalara’s Scott McFarlane, University of Washington computer science professor Ed Lazowska and many more.
It’s not a formal affair — it’s just a lot of fun.
Winners will be chosen in more than a dozen categories, from Startup of the Year to Next Tech Titan to Geek of the Year. The GeekWire Awards sell out every year, so make sure to get your tickets today! GeekWire Awards’ attendees also will get full access to the new MoPop exhibit Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes.
Already attending the 2018 GeekWire Awards? Check out this FAQ with everything you need to know!
Awards Selection Process
These awards are a participation sport, so here’s how the process will work:
March 26 – April 3: Readers submit nominations in 12 categories. Nominations are now closed. April 4 – April 6: Our panel of judges selects finalists from community nominations. April 12 – April 27: Vote for winners on GeekWire.com.
- See the finalists for Hire of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Deal of the Year here.
- See the finalists for CEO of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Innovation of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Geek of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Young Entrepreneur of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Startup of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Next Tech Titan here.
- See the finalists for Geeks Give Back here.
- See the finalists for Newcomer of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Hardware of the Year here.
- See the finalists for Geekiest Office Space here.
- May 10: Winners revealed at the GeekWire Awards at MoPOP, with doors opening at 7 p.m. and the formal ceremony starting just after 8 p.m.