GeekWire Awards 2017, presented by Wave Business
GeekWire Awards FAQ: Everything you need to know for Thursday’s big celebration of NW tech. The GeekWire Awards is SOLD OUT.
Join us from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. Thursday, May 4 at the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) in Seattle for one of the region’s most-anticipated and hotly-contested tech events: The GeekWire Awards. Continuing this great tradition, we’ll reveal the winners of the Pacific Northwest’s annual startup and technology awards, as nominated and chosen by GeekWire readers.
We will be taking over the SkyChurch at the Museum of Pop Culture for an all-out party for the thriving tech community. We’ll celebrate our community’s movers-and-shakers, up-and-comers, and thought leaders: The region’s tech rock stars. Heavy appetizers, signature cocktails, wine, and beer will be served.
Past winners of this prestigious event include OfferUp, Zulily, PopCap Games, Tune, Tableau Software, Sam Blackman of Elemental Technologies and many others.
It’s not a formal affair — it’s just a lot of fun.
Winners will be chosen in more than a dozen categories, from Startup of the Year to Next Tech Titan to Geek of the Year. The GeekWire Awards sell out every year, so make sure to get your tickets today!
- View finalists for Startup of the Year here.
- View finalists for Next Tech Titan here.
- View finalists for Deal of the Year here.
- View finalists for Geek of the Year here.
- View finalists for CEO of the Year here.
- View finalists for Hire of the Year here.
- View finalists for Newcomer of the Year here.
- View finalists for the Geeks Give Back Award here.
- View finalists for Young Entrepreneur of the Year here.
- View finalists for Gadget/Hardware of the Year here.
- View finalists for Innovation of the Year here.
- View finalists for Bootstrapper of the Year here.
- View finalists for App of the Year here.
- View finalists for Geekiest Office Space here.
Awards Selection Process
These awards are a participation sport, so here’s how the process will work:
- March 20 – March 28: Readers submit nominations in 14 categories. Nominations are now closed for the GeekWire Awards. Go here to peruse the 14 categories in this year’s Awards.
- March 29 – March 31: Our panel of judges selects finalists from community nominations.
- April 5 – April 21: Vote for winners on GeekWire.com.
- May 4: Winners revealed at the GeekWire Awards at MoPOP, with doors opening at 7 p.m. and the formal ceremony starting just after 8 p.m. An after party for all Awards’ attendees, sponsors and finalists will take place at Sport Restaurant & Bar at Fisher Plaza (140 Fourth Ave. North), beginning at 9:45 p.m.